Chapter 13- After-Sex Conversations

Authors note:
This is just a compilation of different post- sex conversation's between Clarke and Lexa. Aka fluff, but also a cheap excuse for a time skip. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You sure know how to set the mood."

"Hm?"

"You've got quite the collections of candles. And I feel like at least one or two are always burning."

"Oh. Uh..." Lexa face darkened in slight embarrassment. "Yeah I guess I've got a few."

Clarke chuckled. "A few? That's one way to put it." She continued sliding her hand up and down Lexa's waist. "What for?"

"Supposedly stress relief."

"Pff, what? Am I not doing a good enough job? Cause, you know, I can keep going~"

"What? No. I mean yes- no?" Lexa stumbled over her words realizing she wasn't being clear.

The embarrassment only made it worse as she felt her cheeks heat up. The consiousness of it only further stressed her, as she felt her heart rate pick up. Since when did Lexa stumble over her words? She always knew what to say and when to say it. And why was she suddenly caring so much about it?

"No, I mean you're not doing anything wrong." She looked away, adding in a much quieter tone "kind of the opposite."

Clarke smiled, enjoying flustering the brunette. "Well that makes me feel slightly better." She paused for a moment before adding "You know they don't do anything right?"

"Well, yeah..." Lexa let out a small laugh "I kind of just bought one that mesmerized me into buying more I guess... And they do make the apartment smell nice."

Clarke couldn't hold back a smile of adoration. The brunette was just so stupidity cute when it came to such random things. The fact that her face lit up so much about a candle, even though she clearly felt embarrassed about being called out, just made Clarke's heart melt.

"That's definitely true."

____________________________________________

"Your tattoo is gorgeous." Clarke slid her fingers down Lexa's back, following the curvature of each circle.

"Uh, thanks."

"What's it mean?"

Lexa's voice was soft. "It was my mother's design."

"It's beautiful. What language is that?"

Lexa hesitated a bit before answering. No one really saw her tattoo. It was clearly a bit personal to her.

"It's not real." A tiny smile formed on her face when she continued. "It's a language my sister and I made up with some horrible Latin pronunciation."

Clarke's fingers traced up the symbols. "They're so intricate. You invented these?"

"Heh, no. Not the characters themselves. The originals looked far more awful." Lexa stared off to the small family photo on her desk. "...My mother revised it for her book."

That peaked Clarke's interest. "Book?"

The brunette gave a small nod in response.

"What's it called?" Clarke could feel Lexa get slightly uncomfortable and emmidetly regretted asking, realising she probably asking too private things from a stranger.

Lexa laid quite for a while. "She never finished it."

"... I'm so sorry." The blonde reached her arms around the girls waist in an attempt to comfort her.