Chapter 42- Friendly Visit

Every time she heard Aden was coming over, she now made sure to change into nicer clothes.

Not because she suddenly cared about what Aden would think.

Because of the off-chance that Lexa would reappear at her doorstep, just like the first time when she was caught dancing like an absolute dunce and dressed like a bum.

...

It had been two weeks after the awkward conversation at the cafe that revealed both that she liked Lexa to Anya and that she liked Lexa enough to violate the code of medical ethics to Lexa. She hadn't heard much from her after that. A few texts, but the topic was never brought back to the conversation. And neither was the mention of another date.

And it worried her a little.

But it wasn't like people went on dates one after another anyway. Did they?

...

So maybe Clarke wasn't in the dating game for the past while.

That didn't mean she was going to stress over some silence and space. Lexa was probably just busy. Besides, it wasn't like Clarke was trying to text her that often either.

...

It just felt weird to ask.

She was so used to just waiting for a text from Lexa- about sex nonetheless- and taking that as a ticket to see her. Barely ever was she the one texting first. Never was she the one asking to meet.

She definitely wasn't used to a casual- equal- relationship. She hadn't been for a long time. 

Looking back at her relationship with Finn, maybe never.

Of course, she would still act like it wasn't on her mind- it wasn't hard when Lexa was just so easygoing and submissive. But that was in person. Through text, she had too much time to think. To overthink.

...

So instead, she just neglected her phone and instead waited for when life would just force her into doing something like usual.

...

Which, today, life did.

...

*Ding-dong*

She headed towards the door, once again hoping for Lexa but expecting to be disappointed. But this time, she could hear muffled voices by the other side.

"Aden, let go."

"C'mon, you know you want to!"

"Be quiet. And that's beside the point."

"It's very much the point, auntie."

"This would be the second time I intruded. I am not-"

Clarke opened the door, interrupting the debate. "I can assure you, you're not intruding on anything." she smiled.

Lexa was startled at the sudden entrance and remark by the girl. "I- " She took a quick look up and down- hoping to be subtle but definitely not achieving that goal- as her ears turned red. "Hello, Clarke."

"Hi, Ms. Griffin!" A cheery boy added.

She smiled. "You should come in."

Aden nodded, trying to pull his aunt in with him, only to receive a firm stare and giving up.

"You know, I'm inviting you too." Clarke looked back up at Lexa.

"Oh- I- I shouldn't bother you. That wouldn't be very chivalrous."