Chapter 49- Just a Person

'Yeah.'

Lexa kept replaying the moment in her head. Because the more she thought about it, the more perfect that moment actually was- or would've been if she wasn't so focused on being upset and guilty.

The gorgeous view. The perfect wind. The peace and quiet.

Them two. Alone. Together.

Clarke.

Clarke, who could tell right through her empty expression that something was bothering her. Clarke, who stayed with her, brushed up against her shoulder. Clarke, who didn't push her to speak- only gave her the most beautiful, caring, diamond eyes.

Clarke, who looked at her like she was the whole world.

Clarke, who was the whole world.

...

She should have kissed her.

'Fuck.'

Instead, she just said "Yeah." Instead, she lied. Because, no she wasn't okay. Because she was keeping secrets and acting like an ass for no reason.

"Ughh!" Lexa groaned.

She had to make up for it to Clarke. Had to stop thinking about that day. Stop worrying. Show her that she cared.

That's it.

She would just tell her today. Come clean and ask about it.

...

...

Lexa stared at the door for minutes straight, changing her view only when she glanced out the window. Admittedly, coming to the café a few minutes earlier than usual may have been a mistake.

Her foot kept tapping against the floor, each time with a little more added bounce from the leg. She told herself it wasn't because of her nerves, but it was very much due to the icy waves of electricity rushing through her veins each time she thought of what she was going to say.

Talking to people shouldn't be that hard.

...

Tiny bells rang as the café door gently opened before a shaken hand slowly retrieved from the handle. Lexa's eyes immediately darted towards messy blonde hair as the reserved figure shuffled to the line at the register.

Clarke.

Her heartbeat got suddenly louder.

What was she supposed to say? Should she be up-front about it? Slowly real the topic in? She shouldn't just call her over, no? At least get her some food or something...

Lexa once again focused on the girl in line. 

Clarke stood there, quiet and to herself, arms crossed and close to her chest while the rest of her slightly slouched over. Her head remained glued to the floor and her hair was barely tied back as if she'd been pulling at it.

Suddenly, Lexa was worrying about much more than her own feelings. Because, why did it look like Clarke had been crying?

What happened? Why was she upset- almost scared? Was she hurt? Did someone hurt her? Did she hurt her?

She watched as Clarke only nodded at the cashier before making her way to an isolated table only to interrupt her halfway there.

"..Clarke?" She said gently, not wanting to scare or bother her.

The girl still jumped, jolting her head in Lexa's direction.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." She watched the tired eyes looking back at her, sparkling with tears begging to escape. "Hey... Are you okay?"