𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2.

She turned her head to look at him. He was sitting on the edge with his hand rubbing his face before he looked up and she looked back at the window.

She could hear him stand up and stand behind the backrest of the armchair

He seemed alarmingly quiet as he frowned when he saw the rain and walked back to the couch, turning on a small lamp that was next to it on a small table since the room was completely dark.

"You mumble in your sleep." Makayla stated making him roll his eyes.

He was so easy to annoy.

The door suddenly clicked open.

"Hey, sorry I took so long, soldiers fucking everywhere." Tess said and walked up to Joel, "I saw the merchandise. It's a lot." She nodded her head, "Wanna do this?"

Joel thought about it for a split second before nodding lazily, "Yeah."

"Let's go." She firmly said and they went for the other door to keep going.

Makayla followed them and they appeared in another plain looking room.

"Don't you think it's a bit strange that they're havin' us do their smuggling?" Joel asked Tess as she looked out the window. Makayla crossed her arms on her chest, glaring at him. He was talking as if she wasn't even there.

"We weren't her first choice, or second for that matter

"We weren't her first choice, or second for that matter. She's lost a lof of men. Beggers can't be choosers."

"Yeah let's just hope there's someone alive to pay us." Joel mumbled making Tess look at him, "Someone will be around."

Makayla just now noticed the hole in the wall that was behind a wardrobe.

Joel grabbed onto it pulling it aside so they could get through.

There was an elevator that Joel had to connect so they could get in.

The elevator was going down slowly.

"Who's waitin' for us at the drop off?" Joel asked keeping his gaze in front of himself.

"She said there's some Fireflies that traveled all the way from another city. Girl must be important." Tess said and both her and Makayla glared at each other. Joel also turned around to look at her with a neutral expression on his face before turning back around.