𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 50.

The walk back to Jackson was- strange.

Joel and Makayla didn't talk to each other at all and Tommy decided to stay quiet as well even without knowing what happened. He just didn't wanna add to the fire.

After they took the bodies back to their families Joel and Tommy walked back to Tommy's and Makayla headed home right away.

A lot has changed since their arrival to Jackson two years ago.

People now knew about Joel and Makayla.

Some accepted it, some didn't care, some gave them weird looks but it wasn't like it bothered them even if Joel would often get angry at first. But by time, that passed as well.

Because everyone knew better than to disrespect Joel Miller.

...
Few hours later

Makayla stepped out of the cold shower with a little beige towel wrapped around her body. Her hair was down, falling over her shoulders.

She walked to the bedroom, shutting the door with her head low and full of thoughts.

After some minutes of just sitting on the bed, letting her body dry on itself she finally stood up, putting on a tank top, some thin shorts and high knee socks. She took a deep breath, opening the bedroom door but what she heard made her stop.

She could hear the strings of a guitar, creating a soft and low melody.

Joel was back.

She gulped, straightened her back and walked down, seeing him sitting on a low chair.

He didn't even look up as he kept on playing. His skilled fingers moving so effortlessly..

Makayla quickly moved to the couch laying down on it as she closed her eyes and just listened to his husky voice,

"If I ever were to lose you, I'd surely loose myself. Everything I have found here, I've not found by myself. Try and sometimes you'll succeed, to make this man of me. All my stolen missing parts, I've no need for anymore. Cause I believe, and I believe 'cause I can see..."

Makayla joined,

"..Our future days, days of you and me."

He looked up at her and their eyes met.

He gave her a small smile but she noticed a hint of pain in his eyes.

Then he stood up, placing the guitar down as he went to sit next to her,

She moved her legs and as soon as he was sitting down he brought her legs to his lap, giving them a massage as he leaned back to rest.

...

Makayla's eyes fluttered open. She felt like she just got hit by a bus. Her feet were still in Joel's lap while he was still sitting beside her, now asleep in a probably not so comfortable position.