𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 78.

"Oh God." Dina breathed as her feet touched the water, trying to get to Makayla.

She seemed out of it. Sitting over Abby's drowned body completely beaten.

"Hey, get up." Dina grabbed Makayla's arm to which she winced.

"Sorry.." Dina apologized and let go.

She went to try and get her up again but Makayla lift her hand up, telling her to not do anything without any words.

Dina backed away and let Makayla get up on her own.

"Fuck.." She cried out. Her body was aching and her head pounding.

Dina squinted her eyes, moving closer. There was no life in Makayla's eyes she definitely wasn't mentally present.

"Joel... Joel.." She repeated and looked at Dina and the next thing after seeing Dina's concerned face- everything turned black.

...
Makayla's flashback

Chase your dreams but always know the road,
That will lead you home again
Go on take on this whole world
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl...

Makayla got lost in Joel's husky singing voice as soon as she stepped outside.

She closed her eyes, taking a short breath of fresh air before looking at the view that melted her heart

(This one edit is not mine I just changed it up a bit)

He had Sofia placed in his lap while he was singing to her

She was always so calm whenever they sang to her as if she understood every word.

Makayla approached them from behind with her lips curved into a gentle smile.

"Hi baby." She whispered when Sofia turned to look at her and Joel's gaze followed.

With his one hand he reached for Makayla's face, caressing the scar on her cheekbone he once sewed and Makayla closed her eyes in response.