14. The World As We Know It Now

After her disappearance from school yesterday, Maya was disappointed with Maddie's behaviour but let her off with just no phone privileges for the weekend. Maddie promised to not sneak off school again, however, Maya knew that it was only a matter of time until she slipped it up again, this was her daughter after all. 

The teenage girl was still upset about the whole secret being kept from her, but with Carina's stern words as well, Maddie tried to get around it and be polite even if she was still having a hard time about it.

Maddie woke up to hear the loud noise coming from the room opposite. It was safe to say that the two adults in the bedroom across the hall weren't exactly quiet about it. Maddie climbed out of bed and decided to get ready for school since she thought if she made some news then they would stop.  Making the point to walk out of her bedroom, she decided to make as much noise as possible so that the two women would realize that she was now awake and this wasn't something that she wanted to hear.

Going about her business in the bathroom, she flushed the chain and washed her hands before she opened the door and turned the corner to see her mom coming out of her bedroom with wild hair. Maya caught sight of Maddie and her eyes widened realizing that her daughter was awake.

"Oh... uh morning kiddo," Maya said as she awkwardly scratched the back of her neck since she didn't really know what else to say to the teenager.

"I see that you and Carina have made up," Maddie stated.

"Ah yeah, we did. Uh, I hope that you didn't hear much?" Maya asked as she felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"I wish that I didn't but I did. I heard it all. Loud and clear. You two should really be quieter," Maddie said rolling her eyes. "Are you going to go for a run this morning or do you plan a different kind of workout this morning?" she asked sarcastically.

"Just go get ready for school kiddo," Maya said, she didn't feel ready to have the energy to talk about this with her daughter.

"Okay," Maddie said in agreement as she nodded, "Oh... you should probably try to hide the red scratch marks though, they're pretty visible," she added as she motioned to her neck.

"Just go and get ready for school," Maya repeated. Maddie smirked as she walked off back to her bedroom to get ready for school. Maya shuffled back into her bedroom to find Carina still lay in bed. "Uh, so we may need to be quieter... we woke Maddie up," Maya couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't blame me, Bella. You're the screamer," Carina chuckled. Maya playfully hit her girlfriend as she took offence.

"Buongiorno Tesoro," Carina said as she walked into the kitchen, waving at Maddie who was sat at the table eating a bowl of cereal while Maya made her usual protein shake. "Did you sleep okay?" she asked.

"Yeah apart from being woken up from the two of you going at it," Maddie said. Carina bit her lip and looked over at Maya who was blushing as she continued to make her shake. "Well, at least you two made up," Maddie said.

"Ah sorry for waking you up Bambina," Carina said as she moved into the kitchen to kiss Maya quickly even though they were entangled in each other's arms earlier on. Maya deepened the kiss and Maddie looked up from her cereal wishing that she didn't.

"Seriously come on you two, I'm eating my breakfast... it's bad enough I had to hear it, I don't want a live version though," Maddie groaned, she was happy that they had made up but she wasn't wanting to see any of it in person, especially when she was eating her cereal.

"We have one," Maya smirked from where she was stood in the kitchen. Maddie rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the TV as she was shocked at what she saw out the corner of her eye.