37. Anxiety

"Wha-You're my Dad?" Maddie asked dumbfound. The older brunette man stood there with his hands buried in his pockets, a sly smile present on his face as he looked down at the younger girl.

"Wow, you look so much older now than the photo I have of you," Jake said as he continued to grin.

Maddie looked baffled while still not knowing what to say, "You're not supposed to be here. My mom won't like it," She insisted.

"Maddie, who's at the door, Bambina?" Carina questioned as she walked into the hallway and saw the man. "Oh sorry, we're not interested in anything that you are selling,"

"I'm not here to sell anything. I'm here to see my daughter," Jake said boldly.

Carina raised an eyebrow and shook her head. "Bambina, go back inside please," She said protectively.

"But Mama-" Maddie pouted.

"Please Bambina? I won't be long," Carina pleaded, knowing it wasn't the best decision for a teenager to be involved in, not to mention she would probably be so confused right now.

"Alright, fine," Maddie said with a sigh as she turned back around and went into the apartment.

"You need to leave right now!" Carina demanded, turning to look at the older man who wore a sly smirk on his face.

"Says who? I came to meet my daughter," Jake told the Italian woman. "Who are you to tell me that I can't be here?" He questioned harshly.

"The restraining order that is against you. You need to leave!" Carina repeated firmly.

Jake moved to get in front of her, "Oh yeah? And what are you going to do about it if I don't leave?" He asked cockily.

"Dio, sei davvero un idiota, vero?" Carina muttered under her breath. "I think it's best that you go before there is trouble," She said.

"What was that, Spanish?" Jake questioned as he rolled his eyes, "God, you're an immigrant," He said in disgust. Carina almost blew her temper at that comment, she balled her fists up as she tried to stop herself from hitting him.

"Leave now!" Carina demanded.

"No. I deserve the chance to get to know my daughter," Jake said. "Maya and you can't keep me away from her forever, there will come a day when she wants to meet me and you won't be able to stop her!"

"You won't ever get the chance to get to know her," Carina scoffed. "Maya and I will do whatever we can to protect her from the monster that you are!" She said.

Jake's face turned to anger while he looked at the older women, "Ha yeah right, a couple of dyke girls raising a kid? Just wait until I get custody and she will never see either of you again. You're not even anything to do with her!" He said.

"I very much doubt you would have any luck with that considering you've been in jail," Carina chuckled lowly. "You're nothing but a dead-beat," She added.

"I have my rights. I'm still her Dad," Jake insisted.

"And yet I don't see your name on her birth certificate," Carina fired back. "If you won't leave then I am going to call the cops and then it will be classed as you breaking that restraining order so either you leave willingly," Carina said with a pause. "Or you can wait until the PD show up and haul your ass back to jail. It's your choice," She said.

Jake frowned and shook his head, "This isn't over!" He warned.

"Unlikely. Goodbye, Jake!" Carina said as she slammed the door in his face before she walked back to the table, "Are you okay, Bambina?" She asked Maddie.