24. It's Too Early To Say Goodbye

"Grey-Sloan Memorial, this is Captain Maya Bishop from Station 19. We have a doctor..." Maya radioed through as Ben shook his head. Maddie sat beside Carina as she just stared at Andrew in shock.

"Mnh," Ben said. Maya looked up and continued to radio.

"A 35-year-old male with an abdominal stab wound coming your way. He's tachycardic and hypotensive." Maya continued to say, "Warren." Maya said, needing to move away.

"I got it. I got it." Ben weakly said.

"Did... Did they get her?" Andrew asked groaning in pain with the Oxygen mask over his face.

"What?" Ben asked.

"Did they get her?" Andrew asked.

"Yeah, they got her. They got her." Ben said as Andrew groaned in pain and Carina continued to hold his hand the whole time.

"You're okay, you're okay!" Carina reassured him as they drove to the hospital.

"I need another ABD," Ben said as they worked on DeLuca in the back of the Aid Car.

"Please don't die, Zio," Maddie said tearfully as they drove to Grey-Sloan. "Please, please, please don't die!" she said. Maddie grabbed hold of Carina's arm in comfort.

"Why aren't we there yet?" Carina asked.

"We're going as fast as we can without crashing," Maya told her as she looked inside Andrew's mouth with a penlight.

"Uh..." Ben said.

"You need to tell them it's him so they're ready," Carina said.

"Okay, Carina, I know you are scared, but this isn't helping," Ben said, he knew that Carina just was worried though.

"B." Andrew said through the pain.

"B"? "B" what, buddy?" Ben asked confused.

"B' positive. That's my blood type." Andrew said. Maddie just stared down at the man with who she had become close, hoping that he pulled through.

"We'll call ahead and make sure they know," Ben said. "Give me a 4x4." He added.

"Andrea, you are gonna be okay, Andrea, okay?" Carina said as Andrea groaned in pain, "Okay?" Carina asked.

"He's going to be alright isn't he, right mom?" Maddie looked at her mom who was busy helping Ben treat Andrew. Maya hesitated to nod, not knowing what to say.

"Alright, we're just pulling up now, won't be long," Jack called from the front of the aid car.

"Thank god," Maya said as she looked at her daughter who was not saying anything but staring into space. Carina was the first to climb out of the rig as Dr Owen Hunt looked at shocked.

"Carina, what the hell?" Owen asked.

"It's Andrea," Carina said overwhelmed. Owen furrowed his brow as Ben and Maya wheeled Andrew out.

"What?" Levi Schmitt asked confused.

"Stab wound to the abdomen, possibly into the chest. Slight hypotensive and tachycardic after one litre of NS." Ben told him the injuries.

"What happened?" Owen asked.

"He was following a sex trafficker and she attacked him," Maya explained. Maddie climbed out of the aid car after them all.

"They got her. I-I I'm okay." Andrew said.

"DeLuca, try not to talk. It's Dr Hunt. You're at Grey-Sloan." Owen said. "Let's get him to trauma one. Let's move. Schmitt, let's go." He ordered as Ben and Maya pushed the gurney inside. Maddie was quick to cling to Carina's side.