Kidnapped

C o l e

Sighing as I dropped down on to my bed, I stared at my ceiling blankly. I felt sticky from all the sweat after my workout but I was too tired to shower right now. I didn't work out often but being cooped up in this place all day and night, I needed something to break the cycle.

I was twenty three and still living with my family which irritated me to no end but as my life is the way it is, it's going to be this way for a very long time.

You see, I am a fake. What do I mean by that? I mean that I am living as someone else, my brother to be exact. My brother has always been my parents prized possession as he was smart, talented, and most importantly, their "only" heir.

All lies by the way.

Our family was one of the big mafia groups out there, well known for our notorious rule over our areas. Well, they are, me on the other hand am a nobody. Quite literally as I don't even have a birth certificate. I was basically a John Doe anywhere I went and that's how my parents wanted it to be.

There has been many attempts on my brother's life and one time when my brother and I were playing together, a group of men had come to kidnap him but they took me instead. It took days before my parents had even bothered to listen to their ransom demands and at the trade, my family murdered the men. It was then that my role as doppelgänger was bestowed upon me.

So since then, anytime my parents thought there were people plotting an attack, they would just make sure I was the one it would happen to.

And I didn't have a say because to the world, I didn't exist. I can't get a job, I can't even show a proof of ID. My entire existence has been decided by my parents and they ended any chances of a life I could have had when they decided to make sure my birth was never known about.

Having an attempt made on your life can be scary, but at this point I've become so used to it that I'm not even scared anymore. My parents made sure I was trained to survive and defend myself but there has been times that I thought, what if I didn't? What if I just let them kill me? It's gonna happen some day anyways so why not that some day be today?

I try not to think like that but it gets hard when you have no friends, family to trust, or even a pet. You could say the only friend I had was my loneliness. And maybe a gun.

I didn't hate my brother for my parents' decisions but I did hate him for going along with them. He never protested to it, not once in our entire lives. He just followed whatever they said like some robot and I'm not sure if it was because he was scared of them or if he truly thought the same way as they did.

Yawning, I decided to finally get up and shower because the feeling of sweat sticking to me began to grow more and more uncomfortable by the minute.

After showering and throwing some clothes on, I laid back in bed. It was going on past 8pm and the sun was long gone, the only light being the moon illuminating through my curtains.

I was beyond tired after my work out and was ready to sleep but as I closed my eyes, I suddenly got an uneasy feeling in my stomach. My gut has gotten me through the closest of near death experiences so my body went into alert mode. I strained my ears to hear anything out of the ordinary, and though it was faint, I could hear the sound of my doorknob turning.

I could tell it was someone trying to break in, no one in this family knocked, they barged in as they pleased uncaring as to what I was doing. The fact that the doorknob was being slowly turned told me that it was an intruder and I gripped the knife under my pillow with one hand and my pillow in the other before pretending to be asleep.

Hearing my door creek, I readied myself. There was only two sets of footsteps and their heavy boots weren't exactly keeping their presence masked as they thudded on the floor. When sensing that one was above me, I jumped into action.

Turning, I tossed my pillow and shoved it in the guy's face before kicking his stomach and he fell into my desk, banging his head on the desk and knocking over the chair as he fell on the ground with a grunt. I then aimed my knife at the other man in the room and tossed it at his head to which he dodged. Seeing he was about to grab his gun, I rolled out of bed and started throwing punches so he'd be forced to block me.

I went to kick him but he grabbed my leg, so I forced myself to push him back into the wall and punched him in the eye. As soon as he let go, I grabbed my knife that got stuck in the wall and was about to jab it in his shoulder when I heard the sound of the safety on a gun being clicked off.

"Drop it" a gruff voice said and I froze with my knife in my hand.

"Harvey, get up" he said. The man in front of me, Harvey, gave a bloody smirk before standing up.

"As expected from the kid of Gabriel Limosa, you're good" he commented and I kept my stare sharp as he took the knife from my hand.

"Now, what you're gonna do is come with us quietly okay?" Harvey said and the man nudged me from behind with the barrel of his gun.

This house's security is supposed to be the best in the entire fucking state, how the hell did these two fuckers get in here? My only thought is they have a hacker who could shut down the alarms from a remote site. Which means there's more of these guys, of course, there's always more.

And just to my luck it was the one night where my parents were out of town and my brother had tagged along with them. They were going to visit our aunt and uncle as per usual so that means the house is usually pretty much empty. These guys knew that, so whoever they are, they've got some kind of vendetta against us.

I was led to a black van that was parked not so discreetly in the back of the estate and once inside, my hands and feet were immediately tied with ropes. Their first mistake was tying my hands in front of me but then again I'd be able to escape even with them behind me.

"So you're his son..." one of the guys, a brunette with brown eyes to match said as he looked at me. There was a look of disgust clear in his eyes and I said nothing, just stared back while plotting all the ways I could get out of this shit.

"What the hell happened to you two?" The guy said as he noticed his injured comrades.

"We thought he was asleep but he got the jump on us" Harvey said with a sigh.

"Damn" was all he said and the van fell into a silence.

Finally, I can't think straight with all their chit chat.

I figured they were going to take me to whatever hideout they were occupying and I needed to prepare myself to remember every step we take the moment we get out this van so I decided to sleep a bit since my sleep was rudely interrupted.

~~

Harvey looked at "Noel" as he slept.

"I can't believe this man just got kidnapped and can sleep as if he's at home. It's fucking weird" He said.

"I know right? When he just stared at me I felt like he was looking through my soul" Jamie said, the brunette shuddering as he remembered "Noel's" eyes staring back in to his own.

"So, how did this happen?" Jamie asked pointing at the two's injuries.

"He socked Scott in the face with a pillow and kicked the shit out of him and then as if he had eyes in the back of his head, he threw a knife at me! I almost didn't make it because of how fast he threw it. I couldn't even grab my gun before he was in my face throwing blows" Harvey complained.

"Doesn't matter. Once boss deals with him, it's good riddance for the little shit" Scott said and the other two couldn't agree more.

[A/N]: pls let me know how you guys are liking the story so far 🙏 feedback in the comments and voting helps lots!!