Enemy

~ with the Silver Fangs, Third POV ~

"How did he get out?! You made sure nothing was in that room didn't you?!" Adler yelled at the men who he ordered to set the room up.

"We did! There wasn't a thing in there and he was chained as ordered!" One of them cried, not liking the feeling of being in the hot seat at all.

"Sarah! What the hell happened in there?" Adler said, turning a sharp glare to the girl who had been silent this entire time.

"I don't know, when I came in Noel Limosa was unconscious and his brother told me that he'd fainted. He had Noel's gun and turned it on me, demanded that I release him" she explained and the next thing knew, she was struggling to breathe as Adler wrapped his hands around her neck.

"And you let him go?" He seethed and Sarah struggled to speak with her oxygen being cut off.

"You should have let him kill you" Adler growled before dropping her on the floor, the girl taking sharp breaths as she clutched her neck with tears in her eyes.

Her eyes trailed up when she heard footsteps and she saw some of their guards escorting their expected guest, Gabriel Limosa.

Everyone stayed quiet when seeing the leader but Adler was too busy ranting to notice that or the Limosa's presence.

"God damn it, that man is going to be here any minute and the only one in that cell is his dumbass son!" Adler cried and Gabriel raised a brow.

"My dumbass son?" He asked and Adler froze.

"M-M-Mr. Limosa!" Adler stuttered out as he turned around in surprise but Gabriel waved him off.

"Where is he?" Gabriel said while looking directly at Adler. Just from sensing the tension in the hall and the nervous looks from everyone, he was well aware that they had failed to successfully capture Cole.

"Please come this way" Adler said with a sigh and guided Gabriel to the room where Cole was supposed to be but instead only had Noel.

"We're very sorry Mr. Limosa" Adler muttered as he deeply bowed in apology.

"Father! Is that you?!" Noel's muffled words reached the group and Gabriel opened the door.

Seeing Noel chained up with a huge bump on his forehead just made Gabriel want to sigh. He wasn't angry, these people were careless so he figured they wouldn't be able to do the job successfully thus refrained from getting his hopes up.

"I sent you here to retrieve Cole, would you care to explain how it is that you ended up in his place?" Gabriel asked.

"..." Noel seemed to be too ashamed to speak of it so he just looked away from his father.

To think they both were trained the same, to be able to defend themselves and get out of even the most difficult situations was unbelievable. But Noel had always been the cowardly type that gave up when things got too hard, he had nothing on Cole who was stubborn as a mule and excelled in strategy and combat.

Gabriel turned to Adler who seemed to be waiting for judgement to be placed upon him, although according to Eros, it already has been.

"You don't have him so not only have you wasted my time, but you did not keep up your end of the bargain so I won't keep mine. I'm pulling my men from your areas, your protection is no longer guaranteed" Gabriel stated and Adler's eyes widened at the statement.

"P-Please sir! You have to understand, we put our necks on the line doing this, without your protection that bastard is going to eliminate us!" Adler exclaimed.