Suit

C o l e

"Here bro, put this on"

Having Harvey burst in to my room this afternoon was probably one of the few things in my life that have scared me. I was working out in peace when he threw open the door, and I fell from my push up position and on to the ground.

Then Harvey proceeded to throw a suit at me and explain to me that he and I had a 'top secret errand' as he put it to go on.

Though for whatever reason I was told to just say I was attending some family banquet with him which honestly I don't know who would buy that considering we've known each other for only a month.

Whatever, I guess.

So now, Harvey and I were in the foyer getting ready to leave until Jamie and Mikhail came through the door, returning from wherever they had gone to.

"...we going to a funeral? Did I miss a memo?" Jamie asked after a moment of staring us down.

"No" I responded as I watched Mikhail look Harvey up and down with a shocked look on his face. Seeing the man in a suit must really never happen if he was this surprised.

"Church...?" Mikhail tried and Jamie laughed.

"This fool hasn't been to a church since he was baptized" Jamie said and I raised an eyebrow at that.

"Idiot thought they were trying to drown him" Jamie said and Harvey turned red.

"I thought we would just say some grace and I would drink some holy water, not go scuba diving with the priest!" He protested but it fell on deaf ears as Jamie tried to guess again, Harvey's reason for wearing a suit.

"....AA?"

Oh my god.

"I'm not a fucking alcoholic!" Harvey exclaimed, his eyebrow twitching in the process.

"Well I'm out of guesses. What's the suit for?" Jamie finally asked and Mikhail sighed.

"None of your god damn business" Harvey grumbled which made Jamie shrug.

"His family is having a banquet and it's more on the formal side of things" I explained, hoping that it sounded believable.

"Wait, you're dressed up too...are you going?" Mikhail asked, suspicion clear as day on his face.

"Yes, I asked him to be my plus one" Harvey admitted and Jamie gained an offended look on his face.

"Why didn't you ask me?" He asked.

"...my family doesn't like you, don't you remember the Christmas banquet?" Harvey said and Jamie let out a nervous laugh.

"Oh..." he trailed off.

"What happened there?" I asked and Harvey shook his head.

"What happened at the Christmas banquet stays at the Christmas banquet. We've wasted enough time here, come on Cole" Harvey said and I just nodded.

Harvey shoved the two out of the way before dragging me out of the door.

"We're not going to a family banquet are we?" I said and Harvey scoffed.

"Hell no" he grumbled, shoving a key in one of the cars parked. Thankfully, a member lent Harvey their car so we wouldn't have to get back on that bike.

"So where are we going?" I asked as I buckled up.

"To the park" He said and I paused.

"Why...?" I trailed.