Change

Tw: violence

C o l e

The feeling of a warm hand stroking my hair made me want to snuggle into it further. It was so warm and comforting...I'd never experienced anything like it.

It felt so nice.

I couldn't believe I was actually enjoying another's touch, a concept so foreign that I'd thought I would never see the day I would long for it.

Wait...who is it though?

Looking up, the face in front of me was blurry, I couldn't see the person at all.

Why...? I want to know who it is.

Suddenly the face became really bright...

The rays of sunlight flowing in my room woke me out of my dream and I sat up. There was no one in the room aside from me and the door was shut as usual.

That was a strange dream...

Getting up, I almost flinched when I caught sight of myself in the mirror. I had completely forgotten about all the changes that had been made to my appearance the past two weeks.

Walking over to the mirror, my eyes roamed around my figure.

As I looked in to the mirror, I found a different man standing in front of it. No more was the longish raven hair that got in the way at times, what replaced it was a modest blonde. My hair had been cut to just below my ear and through everything, the one thing that was adamant about staying were my unruly curls. My neck felt cold without the hair but I guess I'd get used to it.

Getting ready to go out for my daily walk, I stretched a bit. There was no longer any pain from where I got shot but there surely was a bruise and I wasn't sure when that would (if it ever does) go away.

I had a fair idea of what was on the agenda today, finding out the location of the locker Caleb told us about and it's contents. For whatever reason, Caleb had specifically asked Eros for me to go with him and he was surprisingly willing to wait for me to recover. But that's only because Eros would not accept his request any other way...

The only assumption I could make based off of that was that Caleb likely had some questions he wanted to ask me, and they were probably less than appropriate to ask around others.

After taking my walk and even doing a bit of a jog to fully wake myself up, I came back to the condo where Caleb and Eros were sitting on the couch and talking.

"So have you figured out where we're going?" I asked and Caleb nodded.

"Our vacation home, we used to come here during the summer and spend our time there until we officially moved here. Preston loved that place and still liked to visit it from time to time as an adult so it's our best bet for now" Caleb explained and I nodded.

In the corner, I could see Eros being strangely quiet as he watched the two of us.

"What's up with you?" I asked and Caleb scoffed.

"He's sulking" he said and Eros frowned.

"I'm not sulking, only children sulk. I'm being upset in a totally adult way" He said while crossing his arms. Caleb just rolled his eyes and stood up.

"I'll go get the car" he said before leaving the two of us.

I knew Eros didn't want me to go, he thought I should rest just a bit longer, but I had told him that I was fine already.

On multiple occasions.

The pain in my back has long faded but as you can see, he's still being stubborn.