Meeting [M]

[A/N] Man I had COVID smh LMFAO anywaysss thank you all so much for your kind wishes, it really touched my heart and I definitely shed a tear or two lol I'm just a baby like that (or as my boyfriend says I am). I'm feeling so much better now so let's kick off the new year with 4 new chapters!! 2 today and another 2 tomorrow! You guys deserve them and I also promised that I'd get them out to you!!!

18+ content in the later half of the chapter 🗿

E r o s

As much fun as the other day was, it was unfortunately time to come back to reality, also known as the real reason we were here.

Alistair had scheduled for the meeting to be around ten in the morning, and I was barely running on enough fumes to wake up in time. I didn't really sleep much last night, too busy thinking about how this meeting was going to go.

I wanted this to go well for Alistair, but for some reason I just felt like it wasn't. The feeling was sticking to me like gum underneath my boot the entire way to the meeting place and I could tell Cole could sense that something was off with me as he glanced over to me every now and then.

I didn't want to say anything, hoping that the feeling was just a passing one but it only grew stronger. My face was like stone as we walked into the meeting place, I wouldn't say it aloud but I wasn't exactly confident about this whole thing.

"Hey" Cole's voice broke me out of my thoughts and I saw him looking up at me, hand gently touching my shoulder.

"Relax" he whispered before nudging his head for me to continue walking.

Something about just having Cole's reassurance in a time like this was enough to ease the tension in my chest, even if it was just a little bit. What would I do without him?

My eyes soon landed on a man in an all white suit, hardly the color you'd wear to a meeting if you asked me but I guess things ran differently on his turf. His hair was slicked back but had some grey through it, giving him a salt and pepper kind of look.

I didn't fail to notice the two men at his side, one looking bored as all hell and the other picking in his ear.

They looked new to the scene, not on guard at all despite Alistair and I rolling in with our own men at our sides. They had to be temps or something, otherwise I'd feel bad for Rocco should he ever be in a situation where he had to rely on those two.

"Mr. Caputo, thank you for meeting with us. As you know I am Alistair, and accompanying me here is Renard. And this is the good friend I mentioned, Eros Azure along with his own trusted members, Harvey and Cole" Alistair would point to each of us as he spoke, acting as the bridge that connects us together.

"It is nice to meet you" Rocco said but his voice lacked emotion and the look on his face wasn't exactly that of a warm greeting. I don't blame him considering the loss he had been through recently.

"Let's begin, shall we?" Alistair said once we were all seated.

As Alistair spoke through his pitch, I listened and chimed in where I could but for the most part I held back. I was trying to see what direction the conversation would go based on Rocco's reactions to Alistair's suggestion, and speaking accordingly to it.

It was hard to gauge Rocco's standing since for the most part he was intently listening, no emotion really crossing his features.

By the end of Alistair's pitch, Rocco showed no signs of interest and if anything, I could see his lip curled a bit as if turned off completely.

"Your offer sounds...interesting, but I'm not exactly convinced. I'd need to see more proof that you can bring me the results I need. I want reliability and trust, after all, I can't risk a repeat of last time" Rocco's tone was more condescending than anything, as if trying to milk Alistair's offer and dry it out.