End

C o l e

I yawned as I found myself coming out of my slumber, the urge to use the bathroom nagging at me. Trying to get out of the bed was the hard part, Eros' arms around my torso were tight as his head rested on my chest.

Pushing at his shoulders didn't work, pinching didn't work, and talking didn't work. This man could sleep through a war if he wanted to. Sighing, I gave up for a few moments.

I don't think he realized it but Eros is actually a pretty clingy person, not that I minded or anything but it just became difficult when I have to use the bathroom and the man has some kind of death grip on me.

"Why are you trying to leave...?" I was surprised to hear the raspy voice and I looked down at Eros. His eyes were still closed but I knew better than to think he was sleep talking.

"If you were up, why didn't you say something?" I asked and it was silent before a moment before Eros answered me again.

"Mm...you pinched me" he said, his voice groggy and it was almost whiny in a way.

"Well I have to use the bathroom" I said with a sigh but that seemed to do nothing to Eros' sleepy resolve as he made no moves to let me go.

"Eros" I said again, more firm this time and that was when Eros finally let go.

"Okay, okay. Just come back before the bed gets cold" he said as he buried himself in the sheets.

"It won't take me that long" I muttered as I got up.

"Mhm" and just like that, Eros was out like a light once again.

Shaking my head, I headed out of the room.

Our vacation was almost coming to an end, we were already packing our things up so we could be ready to leave in the morning.

But first, I thought it would be a good time to finally inform the others of my departure from the Azure Dragons. I'll probably do it during breakfast since we'll all be together and not off doing our own things.

Walking through the quiet house, I found the bathroom. After relieving myself and washing my hands, I headed out of the bathroom, intent on making it back to the room quickly so I wouldn't have to hear Eros complain about how long I was gone for.

Because apparently five minutes is too long for him.

~ breakfast ~

"Do we really have to go back?" Harvey asked as he slumped over the table with a salty expression.

"It can't be helped, we've all got responsibilities we need to get back to" Mikhail said before he took a sip of his drink.

"It was fun while it lasted" Jamie said as he yawned.

Looking around and accounting that everyone was here, I decided to clear my throat a bit to catch everyone's attention.

Deciding to get straight to the point, I wasted no time once I had everyone's attention.

"I'm leaving the group" I said and cue all the shocked looks from everyone, minus Eros since he knew previously.

"What?" Jamie had broken the silence with a confused word, his word obviously speaking for the other two and I just nodded.

"Yeah, I won't be apart of the group anymore after we get back" I said but this time, I got more of a reaction.

From Harvey that is, his body moving to hug me tightly as if I was going to disappear into thin air this very moment.

"No! Cole, you can't leave us! This group is nothing without you! Not even our leader will be able to function without you!" Harvey cried and Eros threw a glare that he couldn't see.

"While that is true, he's not leaving the country you imbecile. He's just leaving the group" Eros explained and that seemed to talk a little bit of sense into Harvey but he still hasn't let me go.

"What made you want to leave?" Jamie asked and now it was my turn to have a confused face. Did he think there was pros to staying in this kind of life?

"I don't know, maybe because of the fact that everyday I constantly have someone trying to stab or shoot me. Or maybe it's because of the ambushes in restaurants, or the set ups in empty areas. And even—"

Before I could continue, Jamie just shook his hands dismissively.

"Okay, we get it" he grumbled.

Giving a smile, I continued.

"I'll still be around but don't expect me to get involved in any of the group's business" I said, giving a look to all of them.

I had a feeling that if I didn't make myself clear, I'd eventually somehow get roped back into these guys shenanigans someday.

"That's too bad, not everyone does their jobs as efficiently as you" Mikhail said giving a pointed look to Harvey who just frowned.

"'NoT eVEryOnE doEs thEiR JoBs aS eFfiCientLy aS yOU', kiss my ass" Harvey mocked Mikhail as he returned to his seat but before he could sit down Mikhail dragged his seat from under him and Harvey fell to the floor.

"Oh...I'm sorry, did you say something? I couldn't hear you from all the way down there" Mikhail taunted as he gave a wicked grin to Harvey who was glaring daggers at the man.

Even if the two were at each other's throats, I could tell it wasn't really serious. Mikhail only ever did the playful banter bit with those he was friends with, while treating his coworkers with a more aloof expression.

"Quit fighting" Eros said firmly, his tone reeking of annoyance as he glared.

The two settled down immediately, obviously not wanting to have a lecture so early in the morning and I gave a mental sigh.

"I still can't believe you're not crying and sobbing" Jamie said with a snicker and Eros glared.

"I wouldn't cry over something like that. Besides, it was bound to happen someday, that was part of our agreement after all. But now that circumstances are obviously different, I figured it made no sense to keep him here if he didn't want to be" Eros said.

"So what are you planning to do?" Mikhail asked and I sat back in my seat as I answered.

"I'm still not sure but I'll let you guys know as soon as I think of something" I said and was greeted with the smiling faces of the people I've come to think of as my family.

I wasn't sure myself of how to approach this new path of my life that laid ahead of me, but I'll be alright with these guys by my side.

...I think?