Intervention

[A/N]: So, I typically don't do these at the beginning of the chapter but I feel that I should to make it clear. I received a DM today saying that the book is 'going so slow' and asking 'where is the sex?' and then they proceeded to say 'it's so boring without it' which made me pretty uncomfortable.

To that person, I did not respond because I don't have to. It's my book, and I dictate the pacing of how it goes. If you are not happy with that, there a hundreds of other books out there that may be more to your liking.

To you guys, thank you for being respectful and patient. I appreciate it very much and trust me, the good stuff will cum 😉 😏 🥴

I am making this statement because I don't want that to ever happen again, I'm sorry if I'm being 'extra' or 'dragging it' but I was just very bothered after that.

So sorry for the interruption in our regularly scheduled program, let's get on with the chapter!

—————————

—————

———

C o l e

After being encouraged to drink lots and lots of water, I found myself finally being able to gain some kind of grip on reality. Eros hadn't let me out of his sight until I did and kept pestering me to eat as well but I just wasn't hungry.

"Feeling better?" Eros asked for the umpteenth time within these few hours and I nodded my head.

"Yeah" I said and it was then that Eros gained a sour look on his face.

"I can't believe you went and got drunk with Harvey of all people" He said, a frown formed on his face and I gave one in response.

"Why would you want to see me drunk anyways?" I asked and Eros shook his head.

"It's not about seeing you drunk, it's about seeing another side of you that I haven't seen before. I haven't even gotten to see you really excited or pissed off before. I want to get to know you and that means 'you' in every sense of the word" Eros explained as he poked me in the chest where my heart was.

"Oh..." was all I could say.

Every single day it surprises me when hearing the various things Eros has thought about me, it felt so unreal that it made me want to ask him to repeat it, just to be sure that I wasn't imagining it. I partially blamed myself for being bad at expressing my emotions but I knew the real blame was to be placed upon my upbringing.

"Well, aside from that, I'm just glad you're not a crazy drunk. I'd be afraid if you went out and did something while being drunk" He said and I nodded.

"Well you won't have to worry about that, I don't think I'm going to drink again" I admitted and Eros smiled as he raised a brow.

"Not even with me?" He asked.

"Mm...maybe" I said with a shrug.

"Anyways, it's time to play cupid for these idiots. The author didn't name me after the god of love for nothing you know?" Eros said throwing a wink my way and I tilted my head a bit in confusion.

"The...author?" I questioned and Eros just patted my head.

"Nothing my love" he said before whipping out his phone.

"What do you plan to do?" I asked as I watched Eros type away.

"We're going to force them into a situation where they'll have plenty of time to talk their issues out" He explained.