Someone is trying to spy

My horse drastically stopped under stone stairs leading to the highest platform of Dale. It was a beautiful city even when fallen and tore into small pieces - ruins of its old glory. But above it I saw what my heart missed so much. The single peak covered with snow and a massive gate carved into the rock. There it was - Erebor.

" You must set aside your petty grievances with the Dwarves. War is coming. The cesspits of Dol Guldur have been emptied. You're all in mortal danger."
I heard a well known voice speaking.
" Gandalf !" I exhaled and looking around I tried to find the place which his voice was coming from. Then I noticed a great yellow tent.
I approached it and leaned my ear closer to the velvet cloth.

"Armies of Orcs are on the move. These are fighters, they have been bred for war. Our enemy has summoned his full strength."
So he knows ! I must think of a way to stop this madness.
" We forced him when the company of Thorin Oakenshield set out to reclaim their homeland. The Dwarves were never meant to reach Erebor, Azog the Defiler was sent to kill them. His master seeks control of the Mountain, not just for the treasure within, but for where it lies, its strategic position. This is the gateway to reclaiming the lands of Angmar in the North. If that fell Kingdom should rise again Rivendell, Lórien, the Shire even Gondor itself will fall."

When I heard those words my heart stopped. My home... All of these wonderful places... Fallen ? Only now I found out why are the orcs such good warriors. They serve the Necromancer. Radagast was right.
If what Gandalf said is true, I must collect all the courage I have in my soul an unite them so we could fight against the dark forces. If I don't do it, all the free realms of the north will belong to him. And that is what cannot happen.

"These Orc armies you speak of, Mithrandir, where are they?" spoke another voice, deeper and much younger. Somehow... familiar.
" Since when has my council counted for so little? What do you think I'm trying to do?" yelled Gandalf.
"I think you're trying to save your Dwarvish friends. And I admire your loyalty to them. But it does not dissuade me from my cause. You started this, Mithrandir, you will forgive me if I finish it."
Thranduil. No one else would dare to speak of my family as he does.
But... He'll be my father in law. I have to get to know him. I have to befriend him.

" Looks like someone is trying to spy, am I right ?" I heard a voice teasing me.
" Bilbo Baggins!" I cried out not carring if they hear me from the tent, and squeezed him tightly as I could.
" Nathìniel..." he started and gave me a questionable look.
I giggled but then realised that I really have no last name. Perhaps...
" Galadiel. " I said, for I was the daughter of my father Galadion.
Bilbo nodded, smiling widely :
" I've never been so glad to see anyone in all my life."
" Neither have I. " I smiled and a teardrop of happiness ran down my cheek.

" Where were you for Durin's sake ?" Bilbo asked as if he was raised by dwarves since his birth.
" I was fighting the dragon !" I replied, excited and proud.
" I killed it with Bard ! We ran to the shore right after that but you were no longer there... Sigrid told me that you had already sailed to the Lonely mountain. I couldn't be more dissapointed..."
" Kili said it would be better if we leave you here. I didn't agree with that, don't make it my fault. I was all against it. But they said it's for your own good."

" My brothers ! Are they alright ???"
" Yes, they are perfectly safe."
" And what about others ? And Thorin ??"
" Others are perfectly safe too. And Thorin... Well..."
" What happened to him ?" I burst out in fear.
" He counts the gold, stares at his jewels every second of the day as well as at night."
" The dragon sickness... "
" That is why I'm here. " said Bilbo.
" To give them this. " and he took something out of his pocket. He opened his hand and I couldn't believe in what my eyes saw.

" The Arkenstone..." Yes there it was in its whole beauty. White, orange, blue, silver, gold, red... All mixed into one smooth stone more beautiful than anything else that lied in the stone halls of Erebor.
But then I realised it...
" You can't give it to them ! Are you crazy ? It's the heirloom of our house you can't just take it whenever it pleases you !"

" Nathíniel don't you understand ? If I give it to Thorin, he will never be the same. "
" Of course..." I sighed.  Bilbo was right.
" But why are you here ? And... Where were you the whole time ?"
" Well... That is a long story." I giggled.
" We better sit sonewhere else." smiled Bilbo and we walked down the stairs and sat on a stone wall.