Chapter 69

(4,177 words to say thank you to everyone who has stuck with me and this story and for waiting for so long for a new chapter! I hope you guys enjoy! )

The sun rose as you were all back in the carriage as you all headed home. You barely gotten any sleep at all that night. The thoughts and fears of Dio coming back tainted your dreams.

You stayed inside the carriage, staring out the window as you pet Iggy you slept upon your lap.

This whole trip was for nothing, yet the outcome of it all led you into a happy relationship. Something that you had no understanding of, but grew to know what love was all about, and how your partner should treat you.

What Dio had shown you wasn't love at all - it was a brutal, toxic and narcissistic way of trapping you and cutting your wings.

Even though he's dead, you can't help but feel like he somehow lingers around, burying himself in your subconscious and eats away at your thoughts and emotions.

You thank God that Jotaro protects you, but not even he can protect you from your own nightmares. Alone and afraid that Dio would once again appear and kill everyone you love.

You bit your lip and slightly shook your leg. What will your father think knowing you're coming back home? You feared that he would be riddled with anger and spite. He sent you off without any warning or time to think. It was out of the blue.

You pet Iggy as you took in a breath, whispering to yourself, "Oh lord, please help me to let my father understand what he has done was also wrong."

You never liked to think ill of your father, the man who raised you. But, the way he just dumped you onto someone for his own personal gain was just something else. He didn't even acknowledge your own feelings, didn't even bother to ask how you felt.

You could feel the anger rise in you, something you should've felt from the very beginning. At the same time, your father didn't deserve it. He only wanted to protect his people...but not you.

You stared out the window in silence.

Some time passed as the cart came to a slow stop. Jotaro opened the door as he looked at you, "How are you feeling?"

Iggy stretches as he jumps off your lap and walks out the carriage as you looked at Jotaro, "I'm doing good. You?"

He gave you a small smile as he held his hand out to you, "Better now that I see you."

You smiled as you placed your hand in his as he helped you out the carriage.

You stepped out as Polnareff called out for you, "Princess! Good morning!"

You smiled as you waved at him and greeted the others. They were so happy to see you, but they treaded lightly with you. They never wanted to upset you.

Kakyoin hands you an apple as he smiled, "How are you feeling, Princess?"

You took the apple as you thanked him, "I'm feeling good," you bit into the apple as you looked at everyone and chewed.

Joseph smiled as he ruffled your hair, "I'm glad," he put his hand back on his hip as he grinned, "was really worried about you."

You placed a hand on your head as you looked down, "I'm sorry. I never wanted to worry any of you."

Avdol spoke softly, "There's no need for you to apologize, princess. We're just happy you're feeling better."

You smiled as you took another bite of your apple. Jotaro cleared his throat as he looked at everyone, "How long do we have until we get to the king's palace."