Through the Dark

Tommy fell through the dark, the thread of Bad's being like a feather before him, twisting in and out of his reach. He plunged downward, phantom winds ruffling his hair. 

Where was Bad? 

"BAD?" Tommy yelled. No sound came from his mouth, ripped away into the endless depths of the dirt. 

Tommy saw a spark of light before him and veered towards it, slightly extending his wings to guide him. The small spot of light became bigger and with it a horrible image. 

Zach's sneering face took up the small gap and Tommy's vision turned red. He was going to murder that sadist. He was going to give him some of his own medicine. 

Tommy reached the small gap of light and fell through it, bursting into the white room. 

He slammed against the roof, his momentum carrying him forward. He recovered before he hit the ground and leapt onto the sadist's chest, throwing him against the far wall. Zach crumpled to the ground. Tommy stalked to him, claws extended and gleaming like the wrath in his eyes. 

"Wait, Tommy..." 

Bad's voice was cracked and hoarse. Tommy remembered the pain of the raw throat. 

He turned to his friend and nearly threw up as he saw the blood coating his black-skinned friend's body. Bad was dressed in a white hospital gown, at least it used to be red. Now, the material was soaked with crimson blood, glistening. 

"Oh my gosh..." Tommy breathed and came to his friend's side. How the hell was Bad still alive?

"It's okay, I have a healing ability, I won't die..." Bad said, trying to smile through a split lip. 

Bad couldn't die, but they would torture him mercilessly... but why?

"It's okay, I'm going to get you out of here," Tommy said and reached for his friend. "I'll keep you safe." 

That earned a soft smile from Bad. 

"You know... when I joined Wilbur, he told me the exact same thing..." He muttered and his eyes clouded. 

"No, Bad, you need to stay awake." Tommy said, gently picking his friend's broken body from the bed. 

"I won't die, Tommy, I just need sleep. I'll heal faster..." Bad said and his eyes fluttered closed. 

Tommy looked on as his friend's face became peaceful. What was he supposed to do? He couldn't just leave Bad here. 

He turned slowly, trying his best to keep Bad still and froze as he saw a man standing between him and the door. 

Zach. 

There was a maniacal smile on the man's face. The sneer was twisted like the man's soul. 

"Oh, I'm going to enjoy this." Zach said and pulled a knife from his pocket. 

Tommy smiled grimly and put Bad down onto the stretcher. 

"So am I." 

A glimmer of doubt came alight in Zach's eyes as Tommy launched himself at him. 

Claws out and flashing, Tommy collided with the man, brining his claws forward to slice the man's throat open. Go for the throat, Technoblade had told him. It was where the lifeblood resided. 

Zach kicked him in the chest and Tommy's claws skimmed his chest, missing his neck. Zach cried out as four red streaks appeared. 

He looked at the wound in shock and then back at Tommy. 

"Not used to your prey striking back, are you?" He said, studying the red on his claws. 

Zach's gaze turned murderous and he lunged at Tommy. 

Tommy twisted sideways, narrowly avoiding the knife that flew past his ear, clipping the side. 

He kicked out, sending his foot into Zach's side. The man recoiled but slammed his foot into the back of Tommy's knee as he fell back. Tommy's legs gave out beneath him and he slammed into the unforgiving ground, flat on his back. 

The air burst from his lungs and he writhed, tears welling up in his eyes. He couldn't breathe. 

Zach towered above him and sneered. 

"I win."

The knife came arching down, right for Tommy's heart. 

A burst of red light slammed into Zach chest. He went flying, slamming into the wall before collapsing. 

"Got 'em..." Bad said with a soft laugh. 

Tommy couldn't help the relived laugh that escaped his mouth. He was alive. 

Tommy stood shakily and slipped his arms under Bad again. He turned to the door and kicked it open. 

Silently, he sneaked out into the hall, listening for approaching footsteps. He didn't know where to go or what to do, but he knew he had to get Bad out of here. 

He slunk down two halls, turning left and heard the crisp clip of high heels. Two sets of feet came after the heels. Tommy glanced around anxiously for a place to hide. 

There!

Tommy slipped into a room and closed the door behind him, praying the didn't hear the slight click of the handle. 

The high walked past, those two sets of footsteps behind it. 

They walked past the door. 

Tommy let out a sigh of relief and looked for a place to put Bad. He froze as he saw who occupied the room. 

The scientist stared at him in confusion. Tommy only had eyes for the strange tank in the corner. 

A blue-green hybrid floated in the water, a shark-like tail swishing slowly in the crammed space. 

"I'm so sorry for the inconvenience," Tommy said to the scientist. "But I am here to relieve you, the Boss said so." 

"What?" One of the asked. 

Gosh they were a bit stupid weren't they?

"I'm here to relieve you of consciousness." Tommy said and gently set Bad down on one of the steel tables. 

"What?!" 

Tommy launched himself at them and slammed his foot into the first one's face. He was rewarded with a satisfying crunch. 

I'M BACK BOIS, DID YA MISS ME? 

>:)