Family Feuds

There was a flash of purple and what looked like ethereal violet flowers floated from the form that had appeared beside the Boss's head. The creature's mouth was open in a battle cry. 

It slammed into the Boss's head, just as Tommy lunged for Frost, pushing her and Emily out of the way. The Boss and the thing plunged into a mob of guards, squashing them beneath the Boss's huge body. 

The creature sprang back and stood up. 

It was just a foot shorter than the Boss but stood at a walloping fourteen feet. It was gaunt and slim in form with a snake-like tail swishing gracefully behind it. It's eyes glowed with power. 

One side of it's face was ash white while the other was the same color as the Boss's skin. 

Delicate claws adorned the tops of each of his fingers, one hand running through his long hair and pushing it away from his eyes. 

And he wore a suit? 

"Who the heck is that?" Frost asked, not taking her eyes off the new creature. 

A new friend. 

Or a threat?

"Mark?" 

Jack threw a guard out of his way and then looked up at the creature. 

It grinned. 

"Do I look like him?" He asked. 

Jack let out a relieved laugh. 

"Hell yeah, man." 

"Cool well then, you can all call me Ranbo--" 

The Boss's meaty fist slammed into Ranboo's skull and sent him crashing into guards. They tried to pin him to the ground but he threw them off and then leapt at the Boss. 

There was a flaming wrath on his face.

This was what his father had become. A monster. 

Ranboo leapt beneath his father's fist and pushed him back. Guards sprung out of the way and then leapt for the other hybrids. They would not be interrupting this fight. 

Jack sprung forward and slammed his stinger down on the his father's foot. It barely pierced the skin. 

Ranboo took the moment of distraction and clawed at his father's eyes. 

The Boss pulled back and Ranboo screamed as a fist slammed into his side. 

Then his view changed. 

Suddenly he was behind his father, a shower of purple flowers raining down from where he had been a moment ago. 

He slammed into his father from behind and the Boss fell to the concrete face first. 

Jack slammed his tail into the base of the Boss's neck. The Boss jerked and then leapt upward, throwing Ranboo into the air. 

Ranboo teleported again, this time so he was a few hundred feet from the battle before he could think. 

And then his father was beside him. No flowers accompanied the hulking figure. 

Before he could twist away his father grabbed his shoulders. 

Ranboo saw Jack in the distance, breaking free from the fight and coming towards him. 

"You. Every part of this is for you, son. Don't fight me." His father's voice boomed deep and gruff. It grated on Ranboo's hearing. 

"None of this is for me, everything is only for your own gratification!" Ranboo yelled back. 

"NO!" The Boss said harshly, showing his teeth. "I promised your mother I would heal you." 

"My mother is DEAD because of you!" 

"She died because she was sick. I was trying to help her!" 

Ranboo felt tear well up in his eyes. 

"You made her afraid. AFRAID. OF ME! She died of fear, fear of ME!" 

"As she should have." His father's voice became soft, soothing. "You don't know what you are, son. I do. Look at yourself! You are not a human." 

"OH! Just like you?" 

Then his father's face became dark. Like a roiling thunder storm. Ranboo smiled softly. Out of the corner of his vision he saw Jack coming closer, running toward him. 

"Son, do you know who's blood I injected into my veins to become like this?" 

The Boss smiled at him, his huge claws digging into Ranboo's flesh. 

"Yours." 

Ranboo kept his face carefully still. 

"I am nothing like you." He whispered. 

"You are EVERYTHING like me. I made you, son." 

"I am NOT YOUR SON!" Ranboo yelled. Then he cocked his head to the side. 

"Do you even know my name?" 

The Boss's face went slack. 

Somewhere deep in his heart, Ranboo wanted the Boss to answer. Wanted him to know like any good father would. 

"Do you know when my birthday is?" 

The Boss narrowed his eyes and opened his mouth to say something but Ranboo interrupted. 

"I am still your father..." The Boss said. 

"I don't have a father." 

The Boss grimaced almost as if he were in pain. 

"You are more a monster than any hybrid could ever be." Ranboo whispered harshly. 

The Boss's face became stone cold. With dead eyes he started to squeeze Ranboo in a death grip. 

Ranboo made to teleport away but found he... he couldn't. 

His ribs were screaming at him. He couldn't breathe. He... 

Jack leapt at the Boss, his stinger aimed for the Boss's hands. 

The Boss just looked at him come and then let go of Ranboo just as he punched Jack square in the face. 

A moment later, Jack's broken body fell to the floor with a wet squelch.