Stage Three

"Dream we need to talk, you, me, Lizzie, George and all the other leaders." 

They walked down the earthen path of the Dream Dimension. Tommy didn't see any of the beauty. Didn't see the blue sky or the playing hybrids. He only say his brother's lifeless face crumble before his eyes. 

Wilbur was still alive wasn't he? 

Yes, he refused to believe Wilbur had died. 

After a moment, they were all gathered beneath the oak tree Tommy had shadow-travelled under earlier. 

"Is Bad okay?" Skeppy asked, the diamonds on his cheeks glittering in the light. 

"Yes, he is fine." Tommy said softly. Lizzie glanced at him worriedly. She knew something was wrong but stopped herself asking. 

"I have escaped," Tommy said. "Me, Bad, Frost, Fundy, Emily and Jack are all out and tomorrow we are coming in here to bust all of you out. We are going to be free." 

They all stared at him in silence, doubt flickering across their faces. 

They didn't believe him. 

"Listen to me, I am not joking. We are coming in here tomorrow and I need you're help." He said earnestly. 

"Tommy," Lizzie started. "We just--" 

"No, we are coming tomorrow and I am telling you all to be ready. Tomorrow we fight out way out of here. Don't you want to be free?" 

They all lowered their gazes to the green grass. 

"Tommy, there was a man here once, who wanted to escape." Dream said softly. 

"He said he wanted to go back to his family, his sons and save them. He was always so kind and gentle, but when he spoke of them, his eyes lit up with fire and energy. He was truly passionate about it, about leaving." 

Dream looked him up and down. 

"You look a lot like him Tommy, same blonde hair and eyes. Same fiery spirit... He never came back after that day, Tommy. We never saw him again." 

Tommy held Dream's gaze, unwilling to back down. 

No. He would not accept defeat. 

"I'm coming to bust you out tomorrow whether or not you want to, I'm going to give you a chance at freedom. You can decide if you want to come or not. But tell the rest of the people, and don't stop those who want to fight with me." 

Tommy stood and walked to the oak tree, falling into it's shadow. 

...

Bad's eyes fluttered open and he gasped as he saw a familiar face hover above his own. 

"Phil?" He called, smiling with joy. "Phil!"

Bad ran to his friend, arms out and ready for a hug. A hug that never came. 

Bad ran right through his friend as if Phil was a ghost. 

"What the--"

"Quackity, we have combed the entire half of the continent and we still haven't found them." 

Phil slammed his fist down onto a wooden table. Bad stared in horror at the older man. He had never seen Phil lose control like that. 

Now that Bad looked closer, he saw the dark splotches under Phil's eyes, the sagging posture, the pale skin. Quackity didn't look any better, that dark scar stark against his white skin. 

"I know Phil, but we can't keep this up!" Quackity yelled, one hand combing through his dull black hair. They were both exhausted. 

"Then what are we supposed to do?" Phil asked. Quackity closed his mouth. He didn't have the answer. 

Bad glanced at the map they had. 

Wait a minute... 

There. A small town east of by the coast. Bosstown. 

Bad focused on his powers, his claws glowing a hot red. Carefully, praying it would work, he held his fingers up to Phil's temples. 

Phil gasped and jumped up, his eyes turning red for a second. 

"Phil?" Quackity asked, running to the man's side. 

Phil breathed heavily, leaning on the table. 

"Here..." He panted after a moment, pointing at Bosstown. "They are here..."