Together We Are Unstoppable

Tommy felt the presence before the hand touched him.

He was not scared. This presence was as familiar as the back of his hand. It had been there when he had been young and had been there recently too. He would never forget it.

The Boss's eyes bulged as he saw the glowing entity behind Tommy.

Tommy smiled at Wilbur standing beside him. And Wilbur could see it. Just as Tommy could see the smile on Wilbur's face.

Wilbur was drenched in pure white light just like Tommy was wearing the void. All Tommy could make out was his eyes, two pits of pure black.

Then Wilbur took his hand and they were together, souls connected deeper than flesh and blood could ever go. Deeper than brothers or family.

They were kindred spirits. Two sides of a coin that shaped reality itself. 

"You- You were contained..." The Boss spluttered staring at Wilbur. "You. NO I STILL WIN!" 

Tommy felt the shadows meet with Wilbur's light. They merged. 

"I PITY YOU TWO, YOU DISGUSTING MONSTERS! IT'S YOUR FUALT THE WORLD IS LIKE THIS!" The Boss screamed. The purple around his was glowing and pulsing the power p=barely contained under his skin. 

But he was not worried. He had Wilbur and Wilbur had him. They were together again. 

Tommy watched as his brother reach a glowing hand to the Boss, no to something above him. 

Tommy smiled and copied his brother's motion.  

Then they closed their fists. 

The sky turned dark, almost blood red and the sun darkened. Just for a moment. 

It was enough. 

Tommy set his shadows free and they raged towards the Boss, encircling him so he had now way of escaping. They ate at the purple particles around his head, dampening his power.

Tommy brought the writing mass back to them and Wilbur reached out, the shadows parting for him. The Boss was held down by the shadows, swirling over him like black oil. Small rainbows reflected on the dark surface as Wilbur's light touched it. 

The Boss looked at Wilbur with terror filled eyes and let out a soft whimper as the glowing hand neared his chest. 

Wilbur glanced at him and then his eyes softened. He reached up instead, his hand going for the Boss's forehead. 

The hand rested on the Boss's head. For a moment nothing happened. There was nothing in that moment but peace. No noise, no pain. 

Tommy knew in that moment he was going to be okay. 

Everything was going to be okay. 

The light flowed outward. The shadows enveloped them, closing the light off from the rest of the world. The power that Wilbur expelled onto the Boss matched that of a small star going super-nova. 

It could've burned the world to a crisp. 

And so Tommy held the power contained within in the shadows. 

The Boss was gone in an instant, though his body lingered for another moment before the light burned it away. 

Then it was over. 

Then it was at an end. 

Tommy sighed contentedly and then clasped the shadows back within himself. A moment later the sunlight hit his face with a soft warmth. 

Tommy's shadows fell back into the void and his hybrid form returned. 

His brother was looking into sky, his curly brown hair hanging over his eyes. There was a white streak in hair. 

"Are we going to be okay, Wilbur?" Tommy asked, wishing the moment would last forever. The two of them, standing in victory in peace. They had won. 

But at a price. 

"Fundy." Tommy said, his voice cracking. 

Wilbur looked at him and Tommy could see tears in his brother's eyes. Wilbur pulled Tommy into a hug without a word and Tommy melted into his arms, no longer able to keep the flood of emotions at bay. 

But he was safe here. In Wilbur's arms he was safe. 

So, Tommy cried.