In Trouble

Jack nearly screamed but choked on the liquid and swallowed reflexively. He coughed and rolled onto his stomach, trying to push himself upright. 

Spots danced at the corners of his eyes and Jack felt his mind go black. 

... 

A beating headache met him and his eyes shot open. Jack gasped and breathed in deeply, trying to get air into his lungs. He couldn't breathe.. he couldn't... 

Suddenly he stabilized and the headache vanished. What the heck? 

Jack blinked rapidly, the room spinning in and out of focus before settling. Jack wished it hadn't. He choked back a scream as he saw two clawed hands before him. 

They were the violet, small freckles of darker purple coating them. The claws seemed to be apart of the hands and not retractable. 

Jack froze as reality struck him. There was a hybrid in the room with him. 

Oh shoot. 

"Hello? It's okay I'm... I'm on your side." Jack said and found himself believing the words. He was with the hybrids. 

There was no answer. 

"Hello?" 

Jack twisted around and nearly passed out again. Barely an inch from his forehead a huge stinger sat, the lethally sharp point curved and sleek. 

"Oh my..." Jack stilled himself and waited for death to strike him. 

He waited a few more seconds but nothing came. 

Slowly, he opened an eye and saw the stinger still curling for him. But it was still. Huh. 

Jack put his arms forward, keeping his eyes on the stinger and froze as it moved.

He looked back to the ground before him and nearly screamed. Oh no... 

The hands supporting him was not his own... but the purple clawed ones. 

Jack leapt up and watched as the hands moved with him, doing what he told them to do. 

They were his. 

Jack's breathing became irregular and quick as panic rose up to grasp him. 

He stumbled over to the closet he had against one wall, trying his best not too look down. Please please please. PLEASE. 

He opened it and stared at the creature reflecting in the full length mirror. 

The hybrid had rough violet skin and what looked like plates of armor over it's body. There were two thin antennae on the thing's head and they leaned back a bit. Two luminescent eyes stared at him, the right one's sclera red and the left one's blue. The pupils were white. 

The thing had two digitigrade legs that ended in thin claws, digging into the concrete floor. Jack turned slowly and the creature turned with him. Behind the thing, curled and powerful, sat the stinger, hanging above the ground.

The thing was wearing his coat and shirt, his pants. The shoes had been discarded on the floor where he had fallen. 

"What the hell?" His voice was slightly deeper but still held the accent. It was his, through and through. 

Jack's hand went to his forehead and he tried to steady his breathing, stumbling back. What had he done? 

The formula wasn't supposed to turn people into hybrids, it was only supposed to turn human hybrids back into their true form. 

The click-click of heels outside his office caught his attention. The meeting!

Jack glanced around anxiously. He had to hide! But where?!

Jack dove behind the closet, swinging the door open to cover him best, just as the door slammed open. 

"Jack the Boss..." Ceceilia's voice stopped mid-sentence as she glanced around. Where was Jack? 

Jack saw her shadow move around the office and then come to his closet. Oh no... He pressed himself against the wall, holding his breath in. Please please please. Please.

Ceceilia's hand came around thee door and pulled it closed, revealing Jack. 

For a moment, they both froze and just stared at each other. Then Ceceilia opened her mouth to scream and Jack flinched back. The scream cut off suddenly and jack opened his eyes. 

Ceceilia lay on the floor before him, twitching. What the--

He saw the small drop of blood appear on her arm. He saw the small red stain covering the point of his stinger. Oh shoot. 

Jack did the only thing he could think of in that moment. Get rid of the evidence. 

"Sorry." he mumbled as he stuffed Ceceilia into the closet, locking the door. Only when it was properly closed did he see the finger poking through. 

"Oops." 

He poked the finger back in and sighed with relief. 

The severity of his problem sunk in. 

He had to get out. 

Now. 

Jack froze as heard footsteps approaching. He had not time to hide and froze as he handle started to turn.