41

Sophie

Everything was falling on top of me and i felt as if I were suffocating. I had run away from this problem, this part of my life for too long and now it was back, in the flesh.

I knew when Mason told me months ago that his client had moved and cancelled their services that it was because of me. The eerie feeling of being watched trailed me anytime I was alone, and with Sierra and her father blissfully unaware of our situation, that only left one other person who made me feel this way.

Him.

"His name is Jaxon Price. The night I came home from my part time waitressing job I expected to find Carly in the room although it wasn't uncommon for her to stay with her boyfriend. So I walked into my room, grabbed my pajamas and went to take a shower." I recalled the events of that night as if they were playing on a movie in front of me.

"I didn't notice him at first, I had gone into the bathroom and turned the shower on, the water always took a few minutes to warm up, and then I went back in my room to strip down since Carly wasn't home."

I had stripped down to my underwear when I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I turned around and he was there." I explained as I subconsciously entered that night all over again.

"Jax? What are you doing here?" I asked as I grabbed my shirt to cover myself back up.

His eyes were watching me, drifting the lengths of my body in a way that made me more uncomfortable than I had ever been.

"Jax?" I repeated myself.

"You know something Sophie? For someone as smart as you, you're pretty dumb. I've been flirting with you for months, trying to get your attention. I invited Carly to all those parties so she would bring you and yet you never bothered to show up." He spoke with a cold icy tone that made me want to shiver.

"Parties aren't my thing, I already told you that." I had defended myself as I slipped on some running shorts.

"So then I tried to get your attention another way. Carly kept gushing how her boyfriend bought her gifts and lunch and I figured I could try that, but you never let me. As if I wasn't worthy to buy you anything at all." His eyes had turned dark as he stepped towards me and I eyeballed the door. Something was clearly wrong and the longer I stood here with him the more uneasy I felt.

"It wasn't like that, I just don't need anyone buying me.."

"I'm not just anyone!" He yelled causing me to jump.

"You're scaring me!" I tried not to cry.

"Oh, Sophie, sweet, sweet Sophie. I wish this could have happened differently. That you could have seen how much I love you before it got to this, but what is a man to do? I know we are perfect for each other, destined to be with each other, but you wouldn't ever give us the chance." I tried to make a break for the door but he grabbed me and pinned me against it, my back to his front as a tear rolled down my face.

"Even now, now that I am here, professing my love to you, you still try to run from me. Tell me Sophie, what does someone need to do to be worthy of you?" He all but sneered in my ear as he pulled it into his mouth and I cringed.

"We, we are friends Jax. It's not personal... I... I just don't want to date anyone right now." I again defended my choice.

"Well I am tired of waiting for you!" He pressed against me as his hand moved under my shirt and groped my breast. I yelped from the pain as more tears flooded my eyes and his other hand came up to cover my mouth.

"No,no,no!" I begged through his hand over my mouth as his hand moved down to the fabric of my shorts. I didn't know what to do, but I knew standing here trapped wasn't going to help me.

His hand moved under the fabric of my shorts over my panties, where his fingers began rubbing, roughly over me. I had never been kissed, never been touched and now it was all being taken from me.

I felt his mouth attach to my neck as the feeling of wet saliva on my skin only increased the amount of tears falling from my eyes, but as soon as his hand began to lift the fabric of my panties, my fight instinct finally kicked in.

I managed to push backwards off the door, catching him off guard causing him to fall backwards. It gave me just enough time to throw the door open and make a run for it.

...

"I ended up hiding in the bathroom of the gym for a few hours until Carly texted me to see where I was. When she told me she was in our room I went back. It didn't matter in the end because no one believed me."I explained to Mason as he sat listening to me. "Jaxon was the popular kid and I was the quiet nerd. They all believed he rejected me and that I was just mad about it. Carly stopped talking to me and eventually transferred to a different room. My parents brushed it off as a rough college experience and I, I guess I just focused on school."

"Soph, I .."

"He's back Mason. That girl, your client, she was trying to protect herself from him. I may be a little paranoid but it doesn't make sense that he would just forget about her unless there was someone else, and recently I have got that same cold feeling when I'm out by myself, like someone is watching me. You said it yourself that predators move on once they find someone else, well this time it's me. He didn't get what he wanted the first time, and now he's back!" I sobbed until his warm embrace encompassed me back to the feeling of complete safety.

"I won't ever let anything happen to you, you hear me?" He cupped my face as I looked up into his eyes.

I simply nodded and sunk into his arms until the tears dried and I fell asleep in his arms on the couch.