Protect The Innocent One

This is unedited. Hope y'all enjoy. Ally g!p😁😁

Daphne's POV:

I exit the locker room with the rest of my teammates after our big game against our rival school. We were all sweaty and tired afterwards but we were high on the win and nothing could bring any of us down, or at least that's what I thought. 

"You played a great game, baby!" My girlfriend, Lauren exclaims, throwing her arms around my neck. 

I drop my duffle bag on the ground beside us and wrap my arms around her waist, hugging back. "Thank you, princess." I kiss her forehead and pull back from her. 

I then smile at the shy Latina standing beside my girlfriend. "Hey, Ally." 

"Hi, Daphne. You played really well tonight." 

"Thanks, love." 

She blushes. 

Holding open my arms, she steps closer and allows me to wrap her in a hug, snuggling into my embrace. I look at Lauren and smile, receiving one in return. Lauren and I are both very protective of the shorter girl. She's shy and innocent and some people try to take advantage of her because of her condition. 

"The parents want to know if you three are ready to get out of here?" My teammate and best friend Dinah questions as she walks over to us with her girlfriend Normani. 

The five of us have been best friends for years now. 

"Speaking of parents..." Lauren trails off, causing me to look where she is. 

"Shit." 

Ally smacks me on the back gently for the use of the swear word but I couldn't help it. 

"Why are you two here?" I question my parents. 

"Why wouldn't we be here? " My Mom asks. 

"You've never bothered to show up to any of my games before." I say with some sass. 

"Watch how you speak to us, we're still your parents." My Dad says sternly. 

"Could've fooled me since you're never home." 

"We have to work. If we didn't, you wouldn't have all the stuff that you do." 

"If you think I care about stuff then you really don't know me at all, which isn't surprising since you've never really taken the time to get to know me and I was basically raised by a nanny. I'd rather have loving and attentive parents than all the stuff in the world." 

I watch as my parents eye my arms around Ally. 

"I thought we said we didn't want you around her." My Dad glares at the short Latina that's resting her head on my chest. 

"You did." I say, shrugging. 

"Yet here you are. We don't want you around someone like her and I'm sure your girlfriend doesn't either." 

"Someone like her? You don't even know anything about her! And Lauren doesn't have a problem with it, do you Laur?" 

"Not a problem at all." 

"We know enough about her and she's not the type of person we want around you." My Mom states calmly, placing a hand on my Dad's shoulder. 

"I've been friends with Ally for years and you didn't have a problem with her until you found out. She is the sweetest most innocent person I've ever met and she doesn't deserve any of the crap she gets from people like you."