New Beginnings

This is unedited. Hope y'all enjoy. Just a little something. Another story perhaps?🤔🤔

Daphne's POV:

"Are you ready for this?"

I turn my head to look at the raven-haired girl sitting in my passenger seat.

"I don't know, Laur." I respond to my best friend.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. What could possibly go wrong?"

"Really Lauren?"

"What?" She chuckles.

"It's fucking high school, everything could go wrong!" I exclaim exasperated.

"Daph, relax. You're gonna give yourself a panic attack." Lauren rubs my shoulder as I take several calming deep breaths. "Yes it is high school but it's no different than any school we've been to. We adjusted to the others and we'll adjust to this one. Plus it's the last one remember?"

"I remember that that's what they said last time."

"That is true but they promised this time."

"As much as I want to spend my junior and senior years at one school, I don't believe this is gonna be our last school. Plus you know I hate starting new schools given who we are."

"Maybe nobody will recognize us."

"What do you think the chances of that are, Lo? We've been on magazine covers, commercials, and music videos."

"This looks like a small town. They probably haven't seen half the stuff we've been in."

I run my hand down my face. "A small town yes but not that small. They've got phones and internet, Lauren."

Lauren chuckles.

"You're right but I'm sure it'll be fine. Sure we might have to sign a couple of autographs and take some pictures but it'll be fine."

I sigh, knowing Lauren is right. It's nothing we haven't dealt with before.

"Okay. Let's get this day started then."

We both get out of the car and grab our backpacks from the backseat then I lock the car.

"Who are we supposed to be meeting again?" I ask Lauren as we stand at the back of the car looking around at all the kids staring at us.

"Veronica Lodge. She should be waiting for us right outside the office."

I nod. Lauren grabs my hand and gives it a squeeze causing me to look over at her.

"We've got this, nugget." She encourages me.

I exhale slowly and roll my shoulders. Nodding to Lauren, we head inside to meet with the girl that will show us around the school. I spot a raven-haired Latina standing in front of the office, her purse hanging from her arm as her thumbs go a mile a minute on her phone. She's exactly Lauren's type.

"I think we found you a girlfriend, Laur."

"Shut up!" She squeals and bumps my shoulder with hers as I chuckle.

"I just found you two girlfriends."

"Huh?"

Lauren subtly points to our right causing me to look in that direction.

My eyes land on a short light skinned girl with brown hair and pink highlights. Next to her is a slightly taller redhead with a fair complexion. Lauren knows my type so well.

I flash both girls a smile and wink. They both look away blushing.

Maybe new beginnings aren't so bad after all.

All mistakes are mine. Vote, comment, and tell a friend! Hope y'all enjoyed this!
Until next time.
Much love!!!!