Hospital Encounter

This is unedited. Hope y'all enjoy.

FutureMD-Daphne
BubbleGum-Toni
🍓Shortcake-Cheryl
Bubbles-Ally
Baller🏀-Dinah
DancingQueen-Normani
BroodingPoet-Lauren
🍌Baby-Camila

Daphne's POV:

I walk into the hospital pushing six month old Malachi in his stroller, his diaper bag and my backpack slung over my shoulder. We're going to my Dad's office on the fifth floor and will hang out there until his shift is over. I push the stroller over to Dad after spotting him standing with the other department heads, attendings, residents, interns, and nurses while the Chief stands on the stairs in front of the group. She looks like she's about to make an announcement.

"Hello, papa." I speak, drawing his attention as I stop beside him.

"Hi, angel. Hi, baby boy." He gives me a side hug then tickles Malachi's belly. "Mom have to go into the office?"

"Yeah. She said she would probably be late tonight so dinner is up to you.

"Well, I'm on call tonight so we'll probably do pizza or something. Where are the twins?"

"With grandma and grandpa, they wanted a day with Elijah and Emily."

Dad nods.

"Okay, everybody listen up!" Everyone grows silent and gives Chief Topaz their full attention. "As many of you know, we've been without a head of pediatrics for some time now. The search for the right person for the job ends today. I'm happy to introduce you all to our new head of peds Dr. Alexis Drakos-Anderson!"

You've got to be kidding me!

"Did you know about this?" I ask Dad as my eyes stay locked on the woman now standing beside Chief Topaz.

"No. Let's get you two to my office. I don't want to deal with this right now and I doubt you do either."

"How very adult of you, pops." I joke causing the tall man to roll his eyes.

As we turn to leave I hear the voice I was hoping to never hear again. Dad and I look at each other before turning to face the woman that walked out of our lives completely eleven years ago.

"Gio, Daphne it's so good to see you both. Gosh, what's it been seven, eight years now?"

Oh, so she wants to play dumb? I'm so glad the only things I got from her are the shape of my eyes, ears, and nose.

"Eleven."

"What was that Daphne?"

"It's been eleven years since you bailed."

"That's not exactly how it happened." She replies in a sickly sweet voice.

"I know more than you think."

"Hey, babe." A tall tan-skinned man says then kisses Alexis on the cheek.

She definitely has a type. And I've seen this man somewhere.

"This is my husband Neil and our twins Addison and Alexander."

Realization dawns on me where I've seen this dude before. It's been years but it's him.

"Guys, this is my ex-husband Gio and our daughter Daphne."

"It's good to meet you two. We've heard a lot about you." Neil says.

"I'm sure." I scoff. "Dad, since Mom is no doubt immersed in work and won't be able to come get us, Mal and I are going to your office."

"I think that's a good idea."

I turn and start to head for the elevators when her voice once again stops me.

"I'm disappointed in your manners. You better get used to seeing us cause I work here now. In fact, why don't we have dinner together soon and catch up?"

"Like that'll happen." I scoff with an eye roll.

Dad sighs and runs his fingers through his hair.

"I have patients to check on. Daphne take your brother and go to my office. Stay there and stay out of trouble. Alexis, I think I speak for my entire family when I say that we will probably never have dinner together."

Go Dad!

"Dad, can the girls spend the night?"

"You have school tomorrow."

"We won't stay up late and I can drive everybody to school in the morning."

"Okay."

"Thank you, Dad."

"You're welcome, angel."

I walk away pushing the stroller. Mal and I get to Dad's office and I spread his blanket out on the floor then I take him out of the stroller and lay him on the blanket with some of his toys. I sit beside the blanket and pull out my phone to text the group chat.

FutureMD- CODE RED!! I REPEAT CODE RED!!

🍓Shortcake- What's going on?

DancingQueen- Yeah, what's up with the code red?

FutureMD- Birth giver alert! She's back in town and working at the same hospital as Dad.

BubbleGum- Shit!

Baller🏀- Double shit!

Bubbles- Language! But I agree with Toni and Dinah.

BroodingPoet- I feel like we're missing something.

FutureMD- Sleepover at my house tonight. I'll explain everything to those that don't already know. Y'all in? Tell your parents I'll drive you to school in the morning.

BubbleGum- You know Cheryl and I are down

Bubbles- Same

Baller🏀- Mani and I will be there

BroodingPoet- My parents said I can come

🍌Baby- Mine too. Can you give those of us that don't know what's going on a hint though?

FutureMD- I'm the reason she and my Dad got divorced

All mistakes are mine. Vote, comment, and tell a friend! Hope y'all enjoyed this!
Until next time.
Much love!!!!