High School Scene

This is unedited. Hope y'all enjoy. This is just a little scene from a future chapter of High School.

Ally's POV:

"Why is he here, Gio?" Jackie asks.

All heads turn towards the back porch where Jackie, Gio, and the cop investigating Daphne's assault stand.

Why would Jackie be so upset about that cop being here?

"He has a right to be here. Hell, he deserves to be here."

"Unbelievable." Daphne mutters before walking towards the back porch.

Naturally I follow her to make sure she's okay but I remain at the bottom of the steps while she goes up them and stands by her Mom.

"What's going on here?" Daphne places a hand on Jackie's shoulder as she looks between the three adults.

"First you start by pulling away from Daphne, then you barely come home, and now you bring him here. What the hell are you thinking?" Jackie exclaims.

"I was thinking that he's her father and deserves to get to know and spend time with her."

"No, he's the sperm donor. You're my father, the one who is always there or at least you were. I'm not sure who you are anymore."

"I'm the man who can't protect you anymore, he can." Gio points to the cop.

"All I ever needed from you was for you to be there, to pick me up when I fell down, to tell me everything would be okay when the road got rough and dark but obviously that was too much to ask for. You're yet another person I'll never be good enough for."

"I think you two should leave, Giovanni." Jackie states, crossing her arms.

"No, Mom, it's okay. He is making it abundantly clear that I'm no longer a Moretti to him so let him give the company to his sons and continue to party with his rich friends. I'm out."

Daphne rips the sling off, throws it down, and storms through the back door into the house.

"Daphne!" Jackie calls out.

I go up onto the porch as we hear the front door slam shut.

Jackie looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"I'll go find her."

"Please bring her home, Ally."

"I will."

"We'll come with you."

I turn around to see Lauren, Dinah, Mani, and Mila standing at the bottom of the steps.

"I think it'll be better if I go after her by myself." I say, knowing Daphne isn't back on completely friendly terms with one of them.

"Here you go, Ally." Jackie puts the keys to Daphne's car in my hand which she apparently went and got while I was talking to the girls.

I spare a quick glance at Veronica and she nods at me. She said I need to tell Daphne about my feelings or she would but I'm not sure now is the right time.

Entering through the back door I make my way to the foyer, grab my purse, and go to the car. I start it and sit for a minute just wondering where Daphne could be. The basketball courts two blocks away pops into my mind. Under normal circumstances she wouldn't have had time to make it there yet but she moves a lot faster when she's angry. Guess I'll try there first.

Pulling into the parking lot at the courts, I immediately spot Daphne on one of the courts with her shirt off dribbling a basketball.

I park the car and shut it off then get out making sure the keys are in hand and make my way to the court Daphne is on.