Can We Be Friends Again

This is unedited. Hope y'all enjoy it. This is a potential story and the title is subject to change.

Daphne's POV:

Here I stand backstage at a Fifth Harmony show with my two best friends who wouldn't let me come alone. I'm waiting for my girlfriend Lauren one of the members of the group. Fifth Harmony consists of Lauren Jauregui, Dinah Jane Hansen, Normani Kordei, Camila Cabello, and my former best friend Ally Brooke. Ally and I had a falling out two years ago when she picked a guy over our friendship. We haven't spoken since then. It hurts me cause Ally and I did everything together. She was my shoulder to cry on and my sounding board and I was the same for her. We were the best of friends at least I thought we were. The way she treated me at the end of our friendship isn't how you treat your best friend or a friend period. As for me and Lauren, we've been together for a year and a half. We've had to keep our relationship a secret so the fans and the girls don't know we're together but we're finally able to go public.

I'm so excited to see my girlfriend and finally show the world my love for her that I can't stand still. My shifting is also due to me being in pain.

"Do you need your cane or a pain pill?" Kyle asks.

I look over my shoulder at my two bodyguards, Kyle holding up the ugly black cane. Chloe and Kyle are my two best friends who are also my bodyguards hence why they wouldn't let me come alone tonight. See Lauren isn't the only famous one in the relationship. I'm a pro soccer player or I was rather. Six months into my relationship with Lauren I was in a car accident that nearly killed me. The accident completely shattered my knee and I haven't played soccer since and I may never play again. Lauren as well as her family has been by my side through it all and I couldn't be more grateful.

"I'm fine and I don't need that ugly ass thing. The doctor said I don't have to use it."

"You need a pain pill though. We're your best friends we know when you're in pain." Kyle states.

"And your doctor didn't say you don't have to use it she said you don't have to use it all the time. You're supposed to use it when the pain gets to be too much." Chloe says.

I sigh knowing they're right but that doesn't mean I'm going to listen.

"I said I'm fine. Any pain that I could be in would be manageable without the pain pills."

The two sigh exasperatedly.

"Here they come." Chloe nods her head in the direction of the stage.

I turn my head in that direction and watch the five girls approach shock evident on their faces.

"Daphne!" Four of the girls say in shock while Lauren squeals my name in excitement.

She immediately runs to me and launches herself into my arms being careful of my brace-covered leg. She slams her lips against mine in a passion-filled kiss while her hands tangle themselves in my hair. I swipe my tongue across her bottom lip and she quickly grants me access. Two months of built-up passion and lust are evident in the kiss. We regrettably pull away when air becomes an issue both of us panting. I keep my hands on her lips and she moves hers to my shoulders.

"Not that I'm not happy to see you cause I am but what are you doing here? You're supposed to be at home doing physical therapy. And why does Kyle have your cane?"

"Two months was too long to go without holding you in my arms so I came to you. Since I'm making such good progress, my physical therapist said as long as I continue doing my exercises then I don't have to come in. And Kyle has my cane because my doctor said I don't have to use it all the time anymore."