The House In The Middle Of The Block

This is unedited. Hope y'all enjoy. This came to me in a dream so you know I had to write it lol.

Daphne's POV:

"Does everybody have their flashlights?" I ask my group of friends.

"Yes!" The group responds.

"Excellent." I rub my hands together in excitement.

"Don't you think we're a little too old to be playing flashlight tag?" Questions Jughead.

I stop and turn around to look at the beanie-wearing boy that is standing at the back of the group with Betty, Veronica, and Archie.

"I'm not but if you want to act like an old man, Jug, go right ahead. I'm young and I intend to have as much fun as I can while I can."

"You know what would be fun? Exploring the house." Dinah points to the abandoned house that I unintentionally stopped in front of.

I look over at the house we've walked by for years. We've all heard the stories about the place being haunted and all the parents in the neighborhood have ordered their kids to stay away from it. I don't believe that it's haunted but I do get an eerie feeling every time we pass by it.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"I agree with Ally. All of our parents have told us repeatedly to stay away from it." Cheryl says.

"You guys are no fun. Come on Mila."

Camila follows Dinah through the gate, up the sidewalk, and onto the front porch.

"DJ, Mila, come back here before you get into trouble." I call out.

"Where is your sense of adventure, Daph?" Dinah calls back.

"Not in that house." I reply.

Dinah shakes her head at me as she and Camila drop their backpacks on the porch and enter the house the door shutting behind them.

I groan in frustration at the two girls but make my way through the gate and head for the porch.

"Where are you going?" Lauren questions me.

I turn and look at the raven-haired girl.

"To get Mila and DJ. I can't just let them go in there and stand here and do nothing. What if they get hurt in there? Y'all are more than welcome to stay out here."

I wait a beat to see what the group is gonna do. They look at each other before following me up to the porch. I slowly open the door revealing the semi-dark foyer.

"Lo, can you get my flashlight out of my backpack please?"

"Of course."

I feel my backpack shift as Lauren retrieves my flashlight. She hands it to me and I turn it on before entering the house fully the others following directly behind me.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." Ally voices.

"Same. There's a dark energy in this house." Cheryl states.

"Betty, do you know the history of the place?" I ask the blonde-haired girl.

"I do but none of you are gonna like it."

"Just tell us."

"Fourteen years ago a family of seven was murdered in this house. All of them were cut up into pieces. When the medical examiner attempted to put the bodies back together he couldn't do it completely because pieces were missing from each body. The police never found the remaining pieces or the killer."