Get Along

This is unedited. Hope y'all enjoy.

Ally's POV: 

"Hey, Lo!" I call out to my girlfriend but she storms right past me and the girls, heading straight for her unsuspecting target. 

Lauren roughly pushes Daphne against the lockers causing the girl to wince. 

"What did I tell you?" Lauren yells at the girl, her voice echoing through the hallway and catching the attention of the other students. 

The girls and I rush over to them. 

"Lauren, what are you doing?" I try to pull her away from Daphne. 

Ignoring me, Lauren keeps her eyes on Daphne. "I told you to stay away from my girlfriend! Do I have to beat it into you?" 

What happens next is something nobody in the hallway expects from the shyest student in school. 

"Go ahead, Jauregui, beat it into me. You can't hurt me any worse than I already have been." Daphne says. 

Lauren laughs. "Nobody has hurt you, nobody here even pays attention to you except Ally." 

I swear Lauren can be such an idiot sometimes! What she doesn't know is, I think somebody is hurting Daphne. Yesterday after gym class, Daphne and I were the last ones out of the locker room. She was putting her shirt on as I was walking out and that's when I saw the bruising on her side. I tried to get her to tell me what happened but she refused to tell me. 

"You think you're so smart. News flash, Lauren, you're not. You have a perfect girlfriend and great friends, you have no idea what I go through on a daily basis and because of that, saying nobody has hurt me makes you sound really stupid." Daphne spares me a brief glance before her eyes land back on Lauren. "You want me to stay away from your girlfriend? Fine, it won't be a problem. Now, unless you're actually gonna hit me, I suggest you get the fuck out of my face!" Daphne yells and pushes Lauren away from her. 

"Daphne!" 

All eyes turn to the voice of Dr. Stephanie Davis, the school psychologist. The people standing with her are what shocks me. With her is my Mom and a police officer. 

"Mom? What are you doing here?" 

"You left you history homework on the kitchen table." She says, stepping forward and handing me my homework before looking at Daphne, who is staring at the ground. 

"Daphne, look at me sweetheart." Mom says softly. 

Daphne slowly raises her head to look at my Mom. 

"Why don't you come with Dr. Davis and I so we can have a little chat." 

"Why's he here?" Daphne asks, looking directly at the officer. 

Dr. Davis steps closer to us. "He has some questions to ask you, Daphne." 

"About what?" She has a slightly panicked look on her face. 

"A concerned party noticed some bruising on you and came to me." 

Daphne's head jerks in my direction and I quickly shake my head. 

"It wasn't Ally." 

"Then who was it?" 

"That's not important. Let's go to my office." 

Dr. Davis motions Daphne to her. Sighing Daphne goes with Dr. Davis, my Mom, and the police officer. 

At the Hernandez house after school