Idk what this is

This is unedited. Hope y'all enjoy.

Daphne's POV:

"You're being awfully quiet back there." Chloe states.

I shift my gaze from looking out the window to one of my best friends sitting in the front passenger seat of the car.

"I'm just thinking."

"About what?" Roselyn questions, keeping her eyes on the road.

"I think I'm gonna stop writing."

"What?" Chloe shouts. "Why would you do that? You love writing fanfiction."

"I do love it but I feel like it's just me living in a fantasy world. I need to stop living there and start living in reality, however disappointing that may be."

"And what's the difference between the fantasy world you live in when you write fanfiction and reality?"

My eyes flick to Roselyn briefly before I decide to look out the window again.

"The difference is I'm a nobody in reality and I'll be alone forever because nobody will ever want to be in a relationship with me. There isn't one person that will ever love or care for me in that way. In my fanfictions, I'm loved and cared for in that way and I can be with whoever I want."

"You aren't a nobody, Daph. You will find the one for you, babes, it might just take some time." Chloe tells me softly.

I hear the words she's saying but I don't believe them. I look around when Roselyn stops the car.

"Where are we?" I ask curiously because they never told me where we were going, just that they had a surprise for me.

"We decided to take you to a concert for your birthday. We got meet and greet passes and everything."

I look at the two girls that are turned in their seats smiling at me.

"Who are we seeing?" I tilt my head to the side.

The two glance at each other then back at me.

"That's still a surprise. So in order to make sure it stays that way, we want you to wear a blindfold and noise canceling headphones. Will you do it?"

Shrugging, I say, "Sure."

The three of us get out of the car. Roselyn pops the trunk and grabs a bag before shutting the trunk and coming over to stand in front of me and Chloe. She hands me a black tank top that says birthday girl on it in hot pink letters.

"Put that on."

I slip the tank top on over the one I'm already wearing, slipping that one off from under the birthday girl one. (Y'all know what I'm talking about...I hope.) I toss the tank top in the backseat.

Roselyn hands the blindfold to Chloe who steps behind me and slips it over my eyes before tying it securely.

"We will be beside you the whole time and we'll take off the blindfold and headphones once it's our turn for the meet and greet." Roselyn says.

"Okay."

I feel the headphones slip over my ears and then everything is quiet. Feeling one girl on each side of me, they guide me to wherever we're going.

It feels like forever before we do more than shuffle a few steps forward. We walk about ten steps before I'm being turned and the blindfold and headphones are being taken off me. Chloe moves to stand in front of me beside Roselyn.

"Happy birthday, Daphne!" They say and point behind me.

I turn around and am immediately met with the five women I write fanfiction about. Holy shit!

"Happy birthday!" The five shout.

This is unbelievable! I smile at the five girls and shyly thank them.

One by one the girls hug me, Lauren being last and hugging me the longest.

"Happy birthday, cutie." I hear her raspy voice in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Thank you." I say nervously.

"No need to be nervous, pretty girl. I won't bite unless you want me to."

My face immediately heats up and I try desperately to keep the inappropriate thoughts from invading my mind at her words.

"Would you and your friends like to come to our dressing room after the show and we can properly celebrate your birthday?" Lauren asks me.

I quickly glance at Roselyn and Chloe to find them nodding enthusiastically at me. Returning my focus to the woman in front of me, I smile.

"We would love to."

"Great. How old are you turning today?"

"Eighteen."

Lauren smiles.

"Picture time!" The photographer calls out.

We quickly get in a pose with Lauren's arms around my waist while my back is pressed firmly to her front.

Even after the picture is taken, Lauren doesn't let me go.

"I'll see you after the show, princess." She says, then presses a kiss to my cheek.

I simply nod in the affirmative because words have apparently escaped me.

Chloe, Roselyn, and I exit the meet and greet area and head to our seats.

I can't wait til after the show!

All mistakes are mine. Vote, comment, and tell a friend! Hope y'all enjoyed this!
Until next time.
Much love!!!!