Vampires

This is unedited. Hope y'all enjoy. This is just a little short something that popped into my head.

Daphne's POV:

I crack my neck as I sit in my seat. I hate being here for the most part. Humans annoy the fuck out of me...well, most humans do.

"How are you doing, Queen?" My best friend asks as she sits at the desk beside me.

"I told you not to call me that, especially around humans." I say through gritted teeth.

"My apologies, but you better get used to it because soon that'll be how everyone addresses you other than your spouse."

I roll my eyes even though I know Normani is right.

You see, I'm vampire royalty and next in line for the throne. I'm not really interested in becoming Queen for many reasons, one of which is that I must marry either before or within six months of taking the throne.

"I don't want to get married, Mani." I sigh.

"I know but you know why you have to. We're a dying breed and you're the youngest to ever ascend the throne."

I nod my head. She does have a point. We're not regular vampires. We're a special breed that is almost extinct. Like other vampires, we need blood to survive but where other vampires are cold, we're warm. Nobody has ever been able to explain why we're this way.

My leg starts to bounce.

"Is it that you don't want to get married or is it the fact that you haven't found your mate yet?"

My head snaps in her direction and I see the knowing look on her face.

"Everybody else found their mates by the time they were my age so why haven't I?" I sigh.

Normani places a hand on my shoulder. "There's no timetable for these things. You'll find your mate when the time is right."

"And what about you?" I question the dark skinned girl.

"What about me?"

"Have you explained things to your mate yet?" I smirk.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Mani, I know Dinah Jane is your mate and so do you. Why haven't you told her yet? Have you even talked to her?"

"I've talked to her a couple of times but I haven't told her we're mates yet."

"Why not?"

"She's human, Daphne. How would you feel if your mate was human and you had to explain to them that you're not just a vampire but the next vampire Queen?"

Before I can respond the girl in question walks into the classroom with her four best friends.

Suddenly a sharp pain has me clutching my chest and gasping for air. I look up and see someone in the same state as me.

"I think I'm about to find out."

All mistakes are mine. Vote, comment, and tell a friend! Hope y'all enjoyed this!
Until next time.
Much love!!!!