EPILOGUE

Analysis

This book definitely deserves and needs an epilogue, this is my first time writing one for one of my books but this one is special.

Firstly I think some of you might've caught this but the end of the book is the beginning of the book.

Seojun is Yeonjun in another lifetime and Kangbin is Soobin in another life time.

If you read the first chapter on how Soobin and Yeonjun first met it is almost exactly the same. Soobin saw Yeonjun performing and asked for his number but he never gave it to him.

With the last chapter the difference is Seojun (Yeonjun) doesn't say it but he also feels deja vu with Kangbin (Soobin). And instead of leaving him in complete darkness, he tells him to come find him which goes back to all the times Yeonbin said they'd find each other or meet each other in another lifetime and still be in love.

When Soobin was at his grave and said "In another lifetime Yeonjun. I'll come and find you, I promise" this is exactly tied to their interaction in their other lifetime.

And when seojun was writing his number on his arm and said "I knew you'd find me" he truly did have a feeling that Kangbin was going to stay true to his word and find him again because Soobin did his best to keep his promises to Yeonjun.

(Did I cry while writing the last chapter? Absolutely I always do 😭)

Haeil was an OC.

His character served more than just another love interest for Soobin. Haeil being in the story showed how much Soobin struggled to forget about Yeonjun.

He made him promises and they made plans and then he wasn't there. Soobin struggled with finding himself and truly being himself because he found himself in Yeonjun.

He felt like he was betraying him by being with someone else which caused conflict.

Haeil was very understanding. I wanted him to be something that Soobin needed but struggled to want which is why I never made Haeil angry about Soobin still loving Yeonjun or being angry that Soobin was making him wait so long but even after awhile he came to the conclusion that Soobin wasn't ready.

Soobin was still holding on to parts of Yeonjun despite it being so long. He still had the ring which he brought to their date in chapter 54, pictures, and he even bought Yeonjun's dream house which he talked about in chapter 15.

He didn't want to forget about him or break their promise but after Haeil left he realized that he was making Yeonjun an anchor for himself.

When he threw the ring into the pond he finally let go and went to talk to Haeil. They had sex for the first time and only grew from there.

The chapter with Anju was also a symbolic chapter.

Anju was Soobin, it was funny when people thought Yeonjun came back as the dog but the dog represented Soobin.

Anju kept to himself much like Soobin did as he was scared to get attached again. He wanted to be left alone because like Soobin he also lost his family.

Kai basically explained what the chapter meant when he talked to Soobin.

And just like Soobin with time he did feel better and the two were happy enough for Soobin to adopt and then the next chapter Haeil was introduced because Soobin was slowly learning to move on.

When Soobin broke down in front of Beomgyu and told him that Yeonjun wasn't gone also had to deal with him and Haeil. He was holding back because he was holding on and trying to give himself reasons not to move on.