Chapter 23

Remington's POV

Our band actually had a free day together and decided to spend it by having lunch at a casual restaurant where we bought drinks for everyone and celebrated the progress of our first record. I took Carina along with me since she'd have to go back home tonight. I was sad to have to let her go back later, but I was still more than happy to be able to see her again and love her like I haven't in so long. While we were getting ready earlier in my hotel room, she was trying out the new clothes she bought for herself yesterday. Even though she still asked if what she was wearing was okay, to me, she was so beautiful in pretty much anything she wore. She settled on a simple yet radiant outfit that matched the color of November. God, how could you not look at an angel like my beautiful girlfriend and not fall in love with her?

As she looked at herself in the mirror with her outfit, she noticed me staring and a blush spread across her face as she said to me, "Remington

As she looked at herself in the mirror with her outfit, she noticed me staring and a blush spread across her face as she said to me, "Remington...your staring is making me nervous." I sighed in admiration as I stepped closer to her and told her while holding her hands in mine, "I know, ma chérie, but you always look so stunning and gorgeous, if I'm not admiring you, then I'm not appreciating you properly." My words made her blush deepen as as smiled in embarrassment and turned her away to hide it. I chuckled as I kissed her cheek and held her in my arms, she embraced me back affectionately before we headed out to join our friends. We ate a lot of food, talked and laughed with everyone, and drank in gratitude of all the hard work we've done so far. Carina was getting more confident in drinking alcohol now, more secure to do so when she has someone doing it with her and will take care of her. It made me happy to know she trusted me to care for her when she needed it even when she presented an independent side of her that she only used to protect herself like when we first met.

"Sebastian", I said to my brother who was on his sixth glass of gin, "Is it okay if I tell Carina the good news about this week?" He thought about it and said, "Sure, everyone back home will found out soon when it happens." I turned to Carina who was curious, "What good news?" I could barely contain my excitement as I told her, "Our label has confirmed that our first record will be releasing next year around my birthday, but what's more exciting...is that we get to release our first single on the radio near the end of this week!" She gasped in shock and grinned in joy as she hugged me close to her and exclaimed with glee, "That's so great, Rem! I just knew your hard work would pay off! You guys are on your way to becoming rock n' roll legends." She was so adorable, I couldn't help it as I hugged her back and then kiss her in appreciation of her just existing. As I pulled away, I smiled at her and then raised a glass in honor of the band and we all toasted to everyone.

Around the evening, I decided to treat Carina and myself to some treats and dessert as I ordered room service in my room. My cute angel was so happy as we feasted on cakes and ice cream, and when she was least expected it, I began to kiss her passionately and gently push her down on the bed as I held her close. She embraced me back as I relished in her soft touch that I was missing for so long. Then she stopped kissing me back and I was concerned. Did I do something wrong? "Ma chérie", I asked as she looked away in shame, "Are you okay? Was it something I did?" She shook her head to my second question, but still didn't look at me as she asked me with a shameful tone, "Remington, I know it's stupid to ask, but...are you growing tired of me?" What? I motioned for us to sit up on my bed as I asked her, "Tired of you? My love, I could never grow tired of you. I love being with you." I placed my hand on the side of her face to turn her head so she'd be looking at me.

"Why would you ask this?", I asked in seriousness, "Are you having doubts about whether I still love you? Because I always have and I'm pretty sure I always will." She looked at me but her eyes looked away as she told me why she said what she said, "I'm afraid that, you might leave me...because I'm not ready." I was confused, "Ready for what", she clarified with an embarrassed blush, "To go all the way with you." It took me a few seconds to understand what she meant and then it was my turn to blush as I turned away a little and scratched the back of my neck nervously. I could see this issue she was having with herself was bothering her, so I took her hands in mine and explained to her why she shouldn't be afraid. "My sweet and lovely angel", I held her cheek and caressed it softly, "I'm not that kind of guy even if I look like it. If I'm going to sleep with a woman, I want to know first that she love me as much as I love her and they're comfortable with it so I don't make a mistake."

I continued as her eyes widened, "As much as I am attracted to you for obvious reasons, I also have much respect to not overstep my boundaries and wait until you're ready. It doesn't matter how long it takes because I love you regardless and you've made my life better since I realized I was in love with you. Don't ever feel insecure that I'll lose interest or leave you because you want to wait, but I hope you know you deserves love of all types because you're just the most beautiful person inside and out. And to refuse you of the love you deserve would be a crime." She was silent for a moment, then tears began to fill up her eyes before she let her fall and buried her face in my chest. I held her close as she broke down in tears and told me, "I'm sorry I doubted your commitment and love to me...I shouldn't have let some stupid insecurity get to me." I shook my head and kissed the top of her head as I reassured her, "It's okay, my sweetness. Everyone has insecurities so don't feel bad. I'm always here to remind you that you're worthy of love and happiness. No matter what."