Chapter 16

Working at the studio pretty much everyday was stressful for me and the band. But as the end of October was approaching, it gave me some relief because that meant we were closer to releasing our first track on the radio. I wanted nothing more than to finally put ourselves out there after waiting years to get a chance to do so. While I've been proud of the hard work we've been doing to finally start working on our dreams as rock legends, I've also felt guilty for being away from ma chérie for so long. It's been almost two months and even though I call Carina almost every day whenever we were done for the day, I still miss seeing her beautiful face and holding her in my arms. My love for her has not changed at all since I came here, but I was slightly scared she might get tired of waiting for me and end what we have. But then I think, she could have done that already if she was insecure about this and she hasn't which means she believes we can make it, so I won't lose faith that her love for me hasn't faded away.

One morning, I headed out of our hotel suite with my brothers and band mates to the studio which wasn't too far from where we were staying. We were still working on our first record and we wanted to make sure it was perfect and would be the best way to present ourselves to the world. When we got there, I greeted the kind receptionist at the front who was always so kind to us and seemed new to this kind of scene. Her name was Sadie Braelyn, and she told me that she was one of the attendees at our small little concert on the beach back in the Spring of this year. She told us she believed we were the most talented band she's seen even though she doesn't know much about rock music. I found her to be adorable and hoped things would go well for her. In the middle of the workday, Sadie stepped in saying that someone on the phone was asking for me. I followed her to her desk, and she pointed to a nearby phone hanging on the wall where it was off the receiver so I could talk into it. I picked up the phone and asked, "Hello?" "Hi, Remington. I had a short day, but I need to rant for a little if it's okay for you." Hearing Carina's voice so early, my heart soared as I told her, "Of course, ma chérie. I've got a few minutes, go ahead."

Sadie's POV

I was very curious to know who it was asking to speak to the lead singer of the new band who is just starting here at Sumerian. She sounded like she was close to him and needed to speak with him as soon as possible. Though I was nervous I might get into trouble for interrupting the band's session, I didn't want the girl to feel any more stress, so I stepped in anyway to tell what had happened. Now, I'm not usually someone who eavesdrops, but when I listened to the conversations between the lead singer as he was talking to the girl on the phone, I glanced to see he had the brightest smile on his face. I haven't seen a smile like that on a guy for so long, it was clear to me that the girl he was speaking to was more than special. "Aw, well, I'm sorry your teacher's giving you a hard time", he commented over the phone,"If you want, I could straighten him out for you." His response was followed by a laugh that made me smile and I was fascinating by his behavior when talking to the girl on the phone.

When he was ready to hang up, he caught me off-guard when he told the girl, "I have to go now, my angel, but I'm happy I got to talk with you even for a short while. I'll call you tonight, I love you." Not many people are so brave to say such powerful words out in the open, even towards someone they deeply care about. Once he hung up, his face looked lit up as if he was struck with something spellbinding. I knew I shouldn't ask, but I couldn't help myself, "She someone special to you?" He glanced at me and nodded with a proud smile, "Yeah, my girlfriend, Carina Wisteria. Pretty much the most gorgeous girl to ever walk this planet and I've never felt so blessed to have someone as special as her." He walked closer to show me a locket he was wearing around his neck and open it to show me a picture of a fair, red-haired young woman who, at first glance, didn't seem like his type. But he wasn't wrong about her being so pretty. Seeing him so lovestruck, I smiled as I told him, "You're right, she is lovely. I'm happy for both of you."

He smiled and thanked me before heading back into the studio and I sat back before thinking about how he looked like the toughest guy around, but around the woman he loves, he's so cute and faltering. I've never seen anything like that and just seeing how special his connection is to her, I made a vow to do whatever it took to keep their love strong and sacred. Especially from people like - "Well, hello again, Sadie." I turned to find the end of my statement: Vera Artemesia. If there's one thing she's known for, it's hooking up with various frontmen of the bands that work at this studio and I did not care for her disrespectful behavior. "Is that new band working in the studio today?", she asked with a smirk. I glared at her as I asked her, "If they are, why do you care?"

She didn't like me either but kept a smile to annoy me as she removed her sunglasses and answer my question, "I just want to watch them for a bit and say hi to that cute boy, Remington. What are you gonna do about it?" I stated her down as I let her go but not without a warning, "Be careful, Vera. That boy, Remington, has someone he loves. By the looks of it, if you try to pursue him, you'll be wasting your time." Of course, she disregarded my words, and I could only be confident a lovestruck boy like Remington would stay faithful and reject Vera's advances. I was right when I brought some mail to the manager a couple of minutes later and noticed in the corner of my eye Remington removing Vera's hand from his arm and ignoring her which clearly made her upset. I held a devious grin as I was happy to see Vera finally find a man she couldn't get.