Chapter 85 (Epilogue)

At the end of May...

May 31st was on a Sunday in the year, 1970. The same year that Delilah's baby girl was born. When I heard that she was having her baby, me and Rem rushed over to the hospital as soon as possible to give our support to Del and hope that it would go well for her. We waited in the waiting room along with Scott as labor seemed to take hours and I wondered if there were any complications at all. Eventually, everyone we knew joined us in waiting for someone to tell us if Del and her baby were okay. Finally around 3:00 a.m. that morning, a doctor approached close to us and happily announced that the delivery was successful and the baby was born healthy and beautiful. He led us to the room where Del was and when we entered, I swear to God, we felt an angelic energy in the room as we laid eyes upon Del's beautiful baby daughter in her arms. Scott went over to her and was relieved and happy to see his family was okay and complete.

I walked closer to her a bit and approached carefully as to not wake her baby as she slept peacefully. Just looking g at such a precious specimen made me want to cry, but I held back my years as I commented in a soft tone, "She's beautiful, Del. I'm so happy for you both." Del, exhausted from the past few hours, nodded softly and smiled in appreciation. I asked her, "So, what's her name gonna be?" Scott answered for Del, "Rosabella. It's perfect for her. I never thought I'd meet anyone more beautiful than my sweet Del Bell. But I guess I was wrong." Me and Del giggled softly and then everyone got a chance to see Rosabella and gush over the sweet baby. Nina pulled something out of her purse and handed it to Scott. It turned out to be a baby rattle for Rosabella but it looked much fancier than expected. Nina explained, "It was my own rattle that my parents bought for me that I used to love as an infant. They wanted to keep it after for money value, but it meant too much for me to let it go. So I kept it and hope to pass it down to someone who'd love it for its real value. Rosabella is more than deserving of such a relic."

Del and Scott smiled so happily as Del reached for Nina's hand. Once Nina took her hand, Del said to her in a tired tone, "Thank you, Nina. It means so much to us for you to do this. We love you all so much." We left after a little while to let Del get her rest and feel content that she had her baby. I smiled to myself to know she'd be such a good mother even if it might seem a lite scary at first. I hoped and prayed that little Rosabella would grow up to be happy, healthy and always with people who love her the most in this world. I felt content to know she was in good hands with two of the most lovely people on this Earth as her parents. Walking out of the hospital, I held onto Remington's hand as I looked up at him and wondered if he ever thought about our future and if it looked anything like Del and Scott's new life with their child. I still wasn't sure what to do with myself now, but I was hoping that spending a few months in Europe with Remington and his band as they opened for a famous British band would help me find out what else I could do to feel like I have some purpose here.

We got into my car and then drove back to our house as we spent the rest of the morning cuddled in bed and never wanting to wake up. But we knew that eventually, we'd have to since we would always have commitments that keep us going. In a week, Palaye Royale would be getting ready to travel across the world to be openers for a tour across the UK, and I would be seeing them from the best view ever. I had a feeling the majority of people who bought tickets for this tour obviously wanted to see the main act, but I was pretty sure that after learning Palaye Royale were opening for this tour, they managed to get this entire tour sold out. I was so excited to see how much of the audience would be excited to see their newest favorite rock band play their favorite songs on stage, and the boys just might cry to hear the audience sing their own songs back at them. Nothing would be more iconic for a band who love what they're doing and genuinely love their fans.

I thought about how I'd leave our home here in Querencia and how I might miss it greatly while we were in Europe together. I also thought about how Nina would be leaving this place, possibly for good, when she transfers to the music academy. While I might not see her as much and would definitely miss her, I still wished that she would be happy doing what she wants and working towards her goals for the future. My God, our lives were moving ahead so fast, but I felt like I wasn't going anywhere soon, especially after the fiasco with school. I hoped to find my own path soon and it helped to know I wouldn't be doing it all alone. And I hoped that everyone else who wants to get to where they want to be were able to do so in the best way possible that would make them feel proud of themselves. I did believe with every ounce of my being that in order to survive such a mad world, we should live like we want to and remember that no one defines us but ourselves.