Chapter 5

Remington's POV

I caught up with my brothers and my mom at our new house that we moved into ever since we were able to move out of that warehouse me and my brothers used to live in. Now we live much more comfortably since we don't have to protect our mother anymore and we don't need to settle for less as well. I was happy to know we made our mother proud and we'd never have to worry if we might make her feel ashamed. She told me one time when I was younger and didn't understand at the time that, "If I'm not doing what I love, I'm not living." Now I understand because playing and listening to rock n' roll gives me life and it makes me feel like I have some purpose in this life rather than just working as something that'll make me miserable. My life literally changed after meeting Carina, before I was starting to give up on my dream but I was afraid to tell my brothers because I didn't want to let them down. When she came into my life, she gave me a sense of motivation and determination to keep going and not give up so easily. I would do the same for her because she isn't like other women, and I know for a fact that as much as she loves me, she would never allow me to tie her down. I would rather die than keep her from making a difference.

When I left my mother's house, I invited Carina to have some lunch at the local diner. She giggled as we walked down the main town street and joked with an arched brow, "You really ARE determined to spend as much time with me, aren't you?" I chuckled nervously and she remarked, "I appreciate it Remington, but won't you eventually get tired of being around me?" I looked at her surprised she'd ask that, but I kissed her cheek and reassured her, "That's not possible, ma chérie. But I just want to make some good memories while I'm still here with you. I'm not sure how long we'll have to stay in LA, and I know I'll go crazy thinking about you and missing you." She smiled and blushed, and gave me a small, playful nudge as she replied with, "Yeah, me too, Rem. Now that I know you won't be coming back next year when I go back to school, it'll be a little lonely without you, but I'll be happy knowing you finally starting to do something you've always wanted and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way." I grinned at her and kept a smile on my face as I held her hand securely all the way to the diner.

I ordered us some chocolate shakes and French fries, and we just talked and took advantage of the time we were spending together. There were times I just decided to stare at her just because she was so goddamn beautiful. With any other guy, she wouldn't think twice to waste any attention on them, but with me she knows exactly how much I love her smile and her eyes and the way she lets her hair down over her shoulders and sometimes wears a black rose in it. If someone told me I would meet a beautiful, sweet, and strong-willed girl like Carina and we'd fall in love with each other, I would have told them they're were fucking crazy. But after getting to know her and learning just how amazing she is in everything she does, I feel so grateful everyday that I get to be in love with the most graceful and gorgeous angel I've ever met in my life. "...Remington?", I snapped out of my thoughts after realizing she was telling me something, "Huh?" She giggled and arched a devious brow as she asked me, "Rem, did you even hear what I said? Or were you too busy staring at me again?" I chuckled nervously and scratched my head in embarrassment as I felt my face flush, "Aha, maybe...I'm really sorry, what were you saying?"

"Don't be sorry, Rem, it's fine", she told me before she repeated what I had missed earlier, "I was just thinking about how this is my second year in college and then after this, I'm halfway done. Although it makes me a little sad I won't see you as often, I want to support you in what you're doing now because I'm proud of all of you." I smiled at that. "I'm just afraid because we'll be in a long-distance relationship and from what I've heard and what I've seen, people who tend to be far apart cannot handle the distance and tend to break up. I really don't that to happen to us, you know?" I could see that she was really worried about us, and it made me feel sad for her. I reached for her hand across the table and she placed it in mine as I told her, "I may have been with other girls before you, ma chérie, but they never made me feel like they actually care about me like you do and remind me how much they love me. You are worth it to me, and I would do whatever it takes to keep what we have strong and true. Don't forget about the ring I gave you, Carina. It's there a reason than to just look pretty on your hand."

She smiled as she glanced at the skull ring I gave her on her birthday, the promise I made that someday in the future I would ask her to share her life with mine and we'd never be without each other anymore. "We can find a way to work out whatever is going to happen and keep us strong. There is nothing that could possibly make me stop loving you, ma chérie. I love you more than life itself." She stared at in me in awe and sniffled as she shed a few tears from her eyes. She wiped them away as she stood up from her seat and joined me by sitting next to me in the booth. "I love you too, Rem", she told me, "I'll never stop thinking about you even when you're away", she rested her hand on mine on my lap and leaned in to press her lips gently on mine. I kissed back softly and felt my heart skip a beat and couldn't stop smiling even after she pulled away and rested her head on my shoulder. I wasn't sure how I should feel, but one thing was for sure: She was no ordinary girl and I planned to devote myself to her and her happiness for being so supportive and loyal.