Chapter 69

Sometime in the middle of April, Nina was preparing for the most important weekend of her life as she was set to travel to Europe to audition for a spot at the music academy she applied for back in the fall. Knowing she wouldn't be able to do this alone, we all pooled in our savings to travel with her to give her our support and show her how much we believe in her. I asked for two days off of work in advance to pack my things and be able to catch the plane in time with all of our friends. I realized as I was sitting near the window that this would be my first time seeing Europe. Even though I've already managed to see more outside my hometown, I was still shocked that I would be visiting another country to be there for one of my dearest friends. I hoped more than anything that Nina would be given a spot to study at the music academy and master her piano skills for something amazing in the future.

After what felt like more than a day even though it was only a ten hour flight, we finally landed in France where the music academy was located. Aside from Nina who was familiar with Europe, the rest of us were blown away by how beautiful it was here and how it was such a different atmosphere than our typical home. I felt so ecstatic to be able to spend a few days in such a breathtaking landscape with the people I love in all the world. We got a ride to the small hotel Nina had booked for us to stay before her audition for the school would be tomorrow afternoon. Even though it was simple, I was already enjoying the experience to be in someplace different and new. Nina announced that she rented a few rooms for us to take and it was up to us to decide who would be staying with who in each room. While Nina and Emerson stayed in the same room as me and Rem, Delilah, Sebastian and Allegra were left in the last room and we settled in each of our own by time night fell.

While lying with Remington in our bed, I peeked at Nina sleeping with Emerson in their bed and wondered if she was feeling nervous about the audition. I understood if she was because it's only normal to be nervous about something so important, but I hoped she wasn't being too hard on herself and knew that no matter what happens, she would still be the same talented, amazing, and intelligent girl I'm happy to be friends with. The last thing I would want for such a fragile soul like her is for her to believe her passion for music isn't enough to make her good enough for a prestigious music academy. She's come so far to become her own person, and she should continue believing that she's more ambitious than she might let on. Praying that everything would go well for her tomorrow, I smiled to myself as I turned and snuggled closer to Remington who instinctively wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to me, warming my heart before I fell asleep in his embrace.

Waking up the next morning was a bit odd since I forgot we were in a different country and I was in a room where two of my friends were also in besides my boyfriend. We headed out of the hotel with all of our friends to a local restaurant that served breakfast and it was the most delicious cuisine I've ever tasted in my life. When we were done, I pulled Nina aside and asked her, "Nina, I just wanted to make sure that you were okay. I understand if you're feeling a little nervous." She raised her eyebrows in surprise and then hung her head a bit before nodding her head and saying, "Yeah, a little. A part of me wishes I didn't have to do this, but I can't give up after I've come so far. It meas a lot that you all came with me, especially you, Carina." I was surprised and asked, "Me? Why, though?" She giggled and blushed a little, "Because you inspire me to become my own person and go after what I want instead of what I should settle for. You are just the greatest." My blush was a little bigger that Nina's when she told me all that, and I thanked her embarrassingly.

A few hours later that day, it was time for Nina to arrive at the music academy located in the heart of Paris, where it was packed with eligible students wanting a spot as well to attend and study there. She decided to go ahead alone and asked that we enjoy some time ourselves while she waited to be called to begin her audition. While most of us didn't really want to leave her alone, Emerson volunteered to stay with her for a while and would meet us back at the hotel before the day ended. We were okay with it and so Remington and I took a stroll around the city where we appreciated the sights and sounds and it felt like walking through a dream I wanted to remember. We found the Eiffel Tower and took the elevator which brought us all the way to the top of the tower and we got to see the most wondrous and breathtaking view of the iconic city. It felt so magical to be here, I was afraid I was only dreaming. Then Rem pulled me close to him and stated, "I think I know now why they call this place the City of Love." I blushed as I asked, "Um, why do you think?" He wrapped an arm around my body while holding my cheek in his other hand and answered, "Because the beauty of this city reminds me of your beauty." He pressed his lips onto mine and I kissed back, moved by his loving words and grateful to be here with him, whether or not it was real.