Chapter 3

After the party, Remington offered to walk me back home though I was sure he wanted to head straight home with his brothers, but he insisted I get home safely. I thought it was sweet of him, so we walked back late at night and talked as we held hands the entire way. It was really nice to do this with him, even if its simple. I missed him very much, I've never been away from him that long since the...event from a few months ago that I really don't want to think about. I now know that I never want to leave this town and this is my new home. Everyone I loved was here, and people have been giving me praise for helping to change the town's age-old laws on rock n' roll. I never expected to be some kind of hero, but I was proud that I was able to stand up for myself and others and emancipate others from hiding their innermost passion for something that makes them feel alive and wanted. After I reunited with Remington and everything was back to normal, we spent almost every minute with each other and I reminded him each day how much I loved him and how grateful I was that he was in my life.

When we finally entered my apartment building and walked up to my front door, I turned to him and looked to see he was looking at me, an anxious look on his face. I said to him while still holding his hand, "Well, thank you for walking me home, Rem. It was really nice to see you again. Goodnight", then I proceeded to unlock my door, but he took my arm and tugged it back, "Wait! Um..." I turned back and he moved his hand from my arm to my wrist, gently, "Is it okay if...I stay with you tonight?" My eyes widened at his proposal, my face in shock. But he seemed like he really wanted to be with me for the night, "W-What? You want to...stay with me?" He nodded and explained, "Yeah, but just to be close to you and sleep next to you for one night. I've spent the last few days in a shared hotel room and holy shit, it can get annoying staying with my brothers. And I missed you so much, I just want to hold you close for one night. Only if it's okay with you." I thought about it and I knew Rem wouldn't want to take anything too far, and he looks like he's been waiting to feel my arms around him again, the thought ended up making me smile and I said to him, "Okay, Rem. Just for tonight." My God, the way his face lit up was enough for me to blush as I unlocked the door and let us inside before closing it and locking it.

Once we were inside, my cute dog Fern came running up to us and started barking in glee before I picked her up and held her securely in my arms. "Aww, I missed you, you sweet little creature!", Rem exclaimed as he petted her and she licked his face repeatedly, I giggled and said, "She missed you too. Just look at her!" We both laughed as I set her back down and I went into the kitchen to leave out some dog food for her and hopefully, she'll feel sleepy after. "So...", Rem started talking behind me, his finger brushing some hair behind my shoulder, "...just how much did you miss me?" Both the feel of his touch and the tone of his voice sent shivers through my body and before I knew it, I felt him press his lips on shoulder and neck, and I caught my breath as he wrapped his arms around me and held me close to his chest. "I-I missed you...a-a lot", I tried to tell him but my voice wouldn't stay steady, "I-I couldn't s-stop thinking about you, R-Rem." He continued to kiss my skin softly and then he whispered something in my ear, "Show me."

I gasped a little and then turned around to crash my lips on his and he didn't hesitate to kiss back as he picked me up and pushed me up against the wall with my back hitting the wall. I ran my hands in his hair as he continued to kiss me and hold me tight in his arms. God, this felt so nice, I could almost get used to this. After about a minute, he pulled away and we breathed heavily as he stared intently in my eyes and told me in a soft and sincere tone, "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever had the honor to love, ma chérie." I smiled at him and kissed him once more before telling him, "You're the most beautiful man I've ever met in my entire life, my love." He grinned at my statement, my heart melted at the sight of it, and then he just carried me to my bedroom and he sat on the edge of my bed and sat me next to him for a while. I rested my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around him, he hugged me back and placed gentle kisses in my hair. I kissed his cheek and got up to change into some clothes to sleep in inside my bathroom.

When I was finished washing up and changing into my nightgown, I opened the door to find Remington laying on the bed on his side without a shirt on. Those tattoos on his arms and chest were a sight for sore eyes, like mine. He looked up at me and looked me up and down, a smile growing on his face as he commented, "Wow, you look very pretty in that." I giggled a little and said as I walked over to him, "Thank you. At least, I have something on, unlike some people." He laughed at the joke I made about him not wearing a shirt as he yanked my arm and pulled me into bed, immediately climbing over me and pinning me on the bed. I felt nervous as he stared at me and stated in a suggestive tone, "But if I did have something on, how else will I be able to fluster you so adorably?"

My face turned completely red and I felt my heart beating faster when he said that, he smirked at me and planted kisses all over my face, then finally kissing my lips. I wrapped my hands around the back of his neck to keep him close, and he place his arms under my back as we continued kissing passionately. After a while, he pulled away and caressed my cheek with his thumb, the feeling so comforting. He turned to lay on his back and pull me into his chest. I rested my head there and he wrapped his arm around me holding me close as he told me, "Goodnight, Carina. I love you." I smiled as I told him back, "I love you too, Rem. Goodnight", and his heartbeat in my ear drifted me off to peaceful slumber.