Chapter 79

Carina's POV

Me, Nina, and Allegra arrived back home to Querencia by the following Sunday of that weekend. The boys had to stay in L.A. for a little bit longer to continue promoting their new record now that's it out. For now, it was only available to purchase in Los Angeles, but a few of their songs would be played on the radio all across the U.S. for everyone to hear. It was a very exciting time for the band and they couldn't wait for the reception of their very first set of songs released. I had no doubt it would be a positive reception from the right group of people, but I hoped they wouldn't doubt themselves if it may take longer than desired. After all, they've been a new band to have their music played out for a couple of months and I can imagine how hard it is for a new band or musician to try to put themselves out there when no one's ever heard of them. I hoped they'd gain more fans to come soon.

I took the day to relax since I didn't have many assignments due for school soon. I visited Del and Scott at their home to check up on her as her pregnancy was nearing its end. She told me that while it can feel like a discomfort to be unable to do most things could usually do before getting pregnant, it doesn't stop her from loving her baby with every ounce of her heart. I asked if it was okay to feel her bump and when she said yes, I placed my hand over her belly and it was amazing. It had become firm since there was a tiny human in there, and for a moment, I felt something move in there. I looked at Del in amazement and she laughed as she stated, "It loves you already, Carina. You are one of the purest souls I've ever known. It's impossible not to love you." I blushed and smiled as I told her, "I'm every excited for you guys. You two are gonna be great parents." Del nodded and told me, "Thank you, sweetie. Scott is constantly making sure I don't fall over or trip because he's worried our baby and I will get hurt. It's sweet but can also be a little annoying, but don't tell him that." I giggled as I nodded, and she thanked me for visiting.

When I went home after that, I was organizing my things in my drawer when I was thinking about Del and her expected child. I began to wonder what it might be like if I had a baby. For the longest time, I didn't think I'd make a good mother because while my own was okay for some time in my youth, she became more toxic as I got older and it became hard to identify her as a good mother. Especially when I became fully independent and chose to stay with Remington and my friends here. Because of her, I wasn't sure if I'd be any better even if I tried. But after meeting real and loving mothers, such as Del's mother or the boys' mother, I realized any woman is capable of being a good mom even after certain tragedies if they really love their children. I knew for a fact I'd love my children with all my heart and soul, but I hoped I wouldn't fail them or make them resent me like my mother made me. If Remington was still with me by then like he keeps saying he'd be, at least I'd have someone as loving and nurturing to help me take care of it.

Remington's POV

It all still felt like a dream, I couldn't believe it was really happening. There were so many people wanting to buy our first record just a few days ago and soon enough, we'll be getting well-known everywhere. It was the best day for me and my brothers and we knew it wouldn't be end of this career for us. Then I thought back to the record label's launch party and how close I was to losing someone else's respect because I chose not to be a scumbag. I knew I could have defended myself, but I was afraid no one would believe me since they didn't know me very well or they just wouldn't take me seriously. I don't think I'll ever pay back Carina for defending my honor and helping prove my innocence. I'll spend the rest of my life doing so by reminding her how special she is to me and how I could never wish to replace her. It still saddens me how she doesn't think much of herself, but at least she know she's worthy of being loved.

While we were still in L.A. to promote the record, we were invited to interview for a fan magazine that thrived on rock n' roll passion and enthusiasm. It went great as they even gave questions the fans had asked our band, and we were more than happy to answer. Then the journalist who was interviewing us and taking down the answers asked, "One more question but by me: There's a rumor going around that you, Remington, have beef with Dante's Inferno lead singer, Holden Jennings. True or false?" My expression dropped as I exclaimed, "What? No, we don't. Where did you hear this?" They shook their head and just stated, "I cannot reveal my sources. Just need you to answer and explain why they might ask." Then Emerson stepped in and said, "It shouldn't matter why! They're good friends and respect one another." The journalist then added, "My sources have speculated that it was because Remington was being accused of cheating with Holden's ex-girlfriend at the time."

I couldn't stay quiet about it any longer and explained, "That isn't true. She tried to cheat on Holden with me when I repeatedly turned her down. She had mistaken me for a piece of shit who'd have an affair with his friend's girlfriend when in reality, not only do I already have a girlfriend, but I was raised better than to stoop so low to date a girl who had a boyfriend already. Because she wouldn't accept me rejecting her, she lied about me to Holden and he believed her. He only stopped when my girlfriend and a few other good friends around me defended me and once he understood, he forgave me and broke up with her." I buried my face in my hands after having to explain the assumed conflict between me and Holden. The journalist was silent for a minute and then stated, "Well, I don't think I'll get a more honest answer than that, so I'll ease the readers' minds with that. And on a more personal note, I'm terribly sorry about what you've endured and if it helps, I never believed you'd do something like that." I raised my head up to look at the journalist and say in response, "Thanks, that means a lot. Still getting used to this new kind of fame and didn't realize it might get a dicey. Please let your readers know we're just here to make music for them, but our personal lives are not for their entertainment." The journalist nodded and gave a thumbs up, "Not a problem, man."