Chapter 44

Carina's POV

I came back the next day for the boy's Christmas party at their mother's house with some treats I made and presents for everyone I love. I was so happy to see my friends and family together in one place for the most joyous time of the year. Before meeting them, I always felt so lonely as my parents would go to lots of parties and gatherings when all I wanted as to spend this special holiday alone with them. Now, I have a reason to feel excited for this festive season again and I always feel happy giving back to everyone who's given me everything. We played some games, danced to cheerful music and sang some memorable Christmas songs together like we've always had. I felt so happy, I fought hard to not cry and ruin the mood. It was then time to unwrap the Christmas gifts and I was so excited to see what everyone got besides what I got and especially their reactions to my gifts to them. With every gift, all of them had bright smiles and it brightened my heart to see such joy.

It was then my turn to give Remington his gift and as he unwrapped it, my heart was pounding as he opened it to find it was a first-edition "Lord Of The Rings" book collection. His face was more than shocked as he looked at it more, my smile grew bigger as I remembered how much he loved reading the books but he borrowed the books from the school library. He then looked at me and practically jumped at me as he wrapped his arms around me to hug me tightly and plant multiple kisses on my face, I couldn't help but giggle at his adorable reaction. He pulled away to gently hold my face in his hands and tell me, "The greatest fucking present I could've gotten. Thank you, ma chérie..." He leaned in to kiss my lips and I kissed back before replying with, "You're welcome, my love."

It was his turn to give his present to me, and I beamed with anticipation as I held it close to my ear and shook it in amusement, "I wonder what it is. Only one way to find out", I commented which made everyone laugh. Slowly, I unwrapped it to not rush it and as I finally unraveled the mysterious present, my smile disappeared as I witnessed what was in my hands. Everyone around me gasped in shock as they realized what it was as well, making me realize this wasn't a dream and it was really happening. In the back of my mind, I had secretly dreamed that something like this would happen to me, but I was afraid if anyone knew that, they'd judge me in a negative way. To see this right in front of my eyes and in my hands was so surprising. But I was more surprised as I looked up to find Remington kneeling before me.

Remington's POV

I watched carefully as Carina slowly unwrapped her present and kept her focus on what was inside. It gave me the opportunity to get up from my seat and quietly come around to kneel in front of her as she stared at her present. "Is...Is this..a...?", she was so stunned that she couldn't finish her statement, so I did it for her, "A deed to a house I bought, along with a key for you to keep." She then looked up at me and seemed surprised yet scared, I explained to her, "I know I've been gone a lot when we're working on our music or dealing with business executives, but there's nothing I want in the world than to be with you at the end of the day. That's why for my gift to you, I'd like you to move in with me in our own home where we can be together and spent time with each other. When I'm on a break from everything, I want to come home to you."

Instead of a response, she seemed to panic as she stood up from her seat and run out of the room. That freaked me out and I was starting to worry if I made a big mistake. I followed her outside to the backyard where she was and stood a few feet away from her as she seemed frightened. "Carina?", I asked softly, "Did I scare you with this?" I then went to stand in front of her and tell her, "I'm so sorry, ma chérie, I didn't mean to move too fast for you. I just wanted to show you that I love you enough to want to share the same space with you and be there for you when I can. Please don't feel afraid, tell me if this is too much for you." I waited a moment before she finally lifted her head to look at me and I was shocked to see her face was stained with tears and her face red as a rose. She slowly stepped closer to me and after hesitating for a moment, she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly and close to her.

I hugged her back as she cried a little on my shoulder and then she pulled away slightly to look into my eyes and whisper in a shaky tone, "It isn't too fast for me, Remington. I couldn't think of a better time to do this. I just never thought you'd do something so special like this for someone like me." I smiled in relief and stunned by her response as I tucked some hair behind her ear and said to her, "You're everything to me, ma chérie. The most beautiful and loving person I've ever met in my life, and I want to be able to spend my days with you and know what it's like to share the same home with you." She started to tear up again as my words touched her and I wiped her tears away before pressing my lips on her forehead. Right after, I leaned in to kiss her lips and she didn't hesitate to kiss me back as we held each other tightly in our arms. I think it was safe to say this may have been the best Christmas I've ever had in my life.