Chapter 25

Thanksgiving was celebrated a little differently this year from all of us. Instead of having a big and fancy feast, me and my friends would be hanging out at Stephanie's house for a special event that Palaye Royale would be featured in. The news was that around 8:00 that very evening, the boys would be sitting at a radio station in Los Angeles which was going to be the feist radio station to play Palaye's first single. I was so excited for the boys that even before I went into work that day, I called up Remington and told him my plans with our friends and his mom. He sounded pleased to know he would be able to share this moment with everyone close to him and his brothers back home in Querencia. He even teased me that he had a special surprise for me and our friends after the radio station played their song. "What kind of special surprise, Rem?", I asked wanting to know, he chuckled and told me, "If I tell you then it won't be a surprise. Patience, my angel, I promise the wait will be worth it. Wait around 8:30 our time when we'll call our mom to reveal the surprise."

Jeez, just hearing the teases made me more anxious to know what the surprise could be. Regardless, I was still over the moon for the boys as they finally reached their first milestone towards reaching their dreams as rock stars. While working that day, I was counting the minutes until I count head on over to Stephanie's house where we would all be gathered to listen to the boys have their song played live. I bought some snacks and drinks for everyone so we could enjoy the special event even more. As soon as I was finished for the day, I clocked out at 7:45 and headed to my car where before I could open the door of my car, I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned to see it was Finn. "Hey, Carina", he said rather nervously, "I wondering if you want to stop for some food and talk." As nice as it sounded, I politely declined because I did not want to miss out on the boys playing on the radio. I shook my head as I said, "Sorry, Finn. Tonight's not a good time. I'm headed somewhere for a special event with my friends."

Though he looked disappointed at first, he asked, "Is that so? Well, is it okay if I come with you?" I raised my brows in surprise to his request, "Are you sure? We're just hanging out at my boyfriend's mom's house because his band is about to be played on the radio for the first time." Even though I believed he wouldn't be interested, he went ahead and pushed on, "Oh, cool! I'd like to hear what they sound like. But it's okay if you don't want me to come." That last statement made me feel bad and I didn't want to be a jerk so I went ahead and told him, "Okay, sure. What harm can it do? Go ahead and get in." He smiled as he stepped into the passenger's seat, I put the snacks and drinks in the back before I finally clined inside the driver's seat and took off to Stephanie's house. As we were driving there, he asked me, "So, what's this band like? I don't really listen to music that much so..." He doesn't listen to music? How does he get through the day? Putting that thought aside, I explained to him what Palaye Royale was as a band since I met them and how they sound unlike anything I've ever heard before, especially with Remington's vocals.

We finally arrived to Stephanie's place and I asked for Finn's help as I brought in the snacks and drinks. Everyone was already here: Delilah, Scott, Nina, Georgina and Magnolia, Allegra, Austin, and a couple of our rock n' roll enthusiast friends. I introduced all of them to Finn who looked pleased to meet everyone and when we were getting settled with Stephanie, he whispered to me, "You have more friends than I expected. They all seem like nice people and you've only been here for about a year? I'm happy for you, Carina." I nodded and thanked him for his compliment. It was a minute until it was 8:00 and we were all on our toes as we had the radio tuned in and ready to hear the boys talking live and have their song played for everyone to hear. I was sitting between Del and Nina as we were waiting, waiting for this last song to play out so the radio host could come on live and introduce Remington and his brothers. As soon as the last song finished and the hour had finally turned, the radio host came on live and introduced themselves before introducing the brothers of Palaye Royale.

We applauded to ourselves, proud to hear the boys' names being said on public radio and we all listened as the radio host had a small interview with the band. "It's an absolute pleasure to have you guys here on the show, and formally introduce you to our audience who love to listen to good music and refreshing sounds, both of which I'm positively sure you'll be able to provide." The first to speak was Sebastian as he responded with optimism, "Thank you, we're so happy to be here. We've had this band for so many years since we were young and just getting to this point in our career means much more than we can say." Nina squealed adorably as Emerson spoke next, "We're not only performers, but we're also artists in the sense that everything we've created from the music to the outlook of our band was made by us since day one, and we want people to know we're much more than what we seem."

Finally, Remington said to the radio host, "I feel like a little kid just seeing something I've wanted for so long come true, it's hard to believe but I couldn't be prouder of all of us. This also wouldn't have been possible for the support we've had back at our hometown including our mother and close friends and loved ones who've been there for us even when we believed no one would be." That last part made us all cheer for Remington and I felt moved by his gratitude to everyone he loves. The radio host then spoke again, "Well, we'd like to show our appreciation to you guys for being so humble and faithful in the kind of music you make by now playing your very first single titled, "Morning Light" by Palaye Royale." Their song started to play then and I felt tears fall down my face as I remembered this song as the one I helped create with my violin. The lyrics and music were just as beautiful as the day they created this song if not mote majestic as it was being played for all to listen.

When the song was finished, the radio host reintroduced the band and their first ever track, "Morning Light", and announced that copies of the single would be sold at local record stores in L.A. As soon as the radio went back to their regularly scheduled program and thanked the band for coming on, we all applauded and cheered amongst ourselves for the boys and how far they've come since they were given this opportunity. I went up to Stephanie and hugged her as I told her, "Congratulations for your sons, Stephanie. I'm sure your more than proud because I would be." She hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead in gratitude as she tried her best not to cry, "Thank you, Carina. You are a blessing in this family."

I blushed when she said that and then walked up to Finn before asking, "So, what do you think?" He shrugged and commented, "You were right, they are unique. I guess I haven't heard enough rock music to form a proper opinion." I laid a hand on his shoulder and told him, "It's okay, it meant a lot thought that you gave them a chance." I hugged him to show my appreciation for him coming here and supporting us, but when I pulled away, his face was red and he looked like he would explode, "Finn, are you okay?" Not speaking, he nodded and then slapped himself in the face before telling me, "Well, this was nice but I should go now. Thanks for the invite, Carina, see you later!" He stepped out without another word and I didn't have time to say anything to him.

Then I heard the phone ring and Stephanie went to answer it, a moment later, she beckoned me over and then said to me, "It's Remington, he has something to tell you." I was excited to hear from him again as I held the phone to my ear and spoke, "Hi Rem, congrats on getting your song played. I'm so proud of you, all of us are." He chuckled on the phone, I immediately smiled as he continued, "Thank you, ma chérie. And as a way if thanking you and our friend for all of your friends' support, we're inviting all of you to come for the weekend in L.A. and celebrate with us."