Chapter 75

The party started very well: Everyone from Sumerian Records was cheering and applauding Palaye Royale as soon as they walked in, the head of the label spoke some kinds words for the band, and the boys gave a heartfelt speech to the label for giving the band a chance when they had begun to believe no one would ever give them a chance. There was so much positive energy in the atmosphere, it was hard not to smile. After taking some photos for their press release, they boys were able to spend the rest of the evening enjoying the party and relaxing with the people they're comfortable with. I stayed close to Remington as we hung out in our own space and I told him how proud I was of him and his brothers for getting this far. He smiled so beautifully and held me close to him in his arms as I was pushed against the wall gently and he rested his head onto mine while gazing deeply into my eyes.

He said to me in a soft tone only I could hear, "I owe so much of our success to you, my love. If you hadn't come into our lives, we wouldn't have been here working to make our dreams come true. And if I hadn't met you, I probably wouldn't feel this good about myself. The way you helped change things for us and help us realize we weren't screw-ups will never cease to fascinate me and I couldn't be more lucky to have you as mine. As long as I have you to love me and have faith in my hopes and dreams, I know all my hard work will be worth the effort. And I promise with all my heart, that I will always be here for you because I love you with every ounce of my being and nothing will ever change that for me." His words had drawn me to him as I pressed my lips against his and he didn't hesitate to kiss me back. He continued to kiss me so passionately until he broke it for us to catch our breath. He asked me if I wanted a drink, and I accepted as he went to the bar to buy them and I went to the restroom to take a quick break.

After finishing in the stall, I went over to one of the sinks and looked ay myself in the mirror. I didn't realize how much I was blushing and felt embarrassed about it. It's just hard to stay composed when Remington speaks that way to me like he knows that it makes me feel a certain way. I took another minute before I felt my blush go away and then I fixed myself up before exiting the restroom. I was on my way to join Remington at the bar when I looked up to see Vera with her hand on his leg, igniting a sense of possession I've never had before. He pushed her off of him once more as I sprinted over to shove her away from both of us. Her face looked appalled as she tried accusing me of being violent toward her, "Bitch, what's your problem? I only wanted to ask Remington a question about something." I didn't yell, but my tone was firm when I responded with, "Bullshit! You really tried to get closer with him when you knew damn well that he came here with me, also known as his girlfriend!" Her face was full of disgust toward me and I expected her to continue but she left our sight instead.

I turned to finally sit close to Remington at the bar on my own stool and he handed me my drink before we down them. After a few minutes, he said to me, "The question part was true, but I drew the line when she tried to touch me and lean her face closer to mine. I swear, I don't know what I can do anymore to make her understand I'll never cheat on you, especially with her." I laughed as I took his hand in mine and reassured him, "She'll be the stupid one for chasing someone who will never want her, especially when they're in love with someone else." He chuckled as he was about to kiss my lips until we heard a booming voice call out, "LEITH! I NEED TO HAVE A WORD WITH YOU!" We were confused as to why Holden Jennings began to walk toward Rem menacingly, then when Rem hopped off his seat to prepare to talk to Holden, me and everyone around were shocked and gasping as we witnessed Holden throwing punches at Remington instead.

I stepped away from the fight and stared in confusion as I begged, "Holden, stop! What are you doing?" Rem's brothers and the girls had arrived to see Remington trying to avoid Holden's punches as Holden kept calling out, "You little shit! I trusted you to be a nice fellow, then you do this to me!" Sebastian and Emerson tried to pull Remington away while Holden was being held back and then Sebastian asked, "What the fuck did he do that's making you beat him to a pulp?" Holden freed himself from being held back as he clarified, "He was fooling around with my girl! She just told me about how you tried to mess with her when she didn't want to while she's with me tonight." As soon as he said that, I turned to look find a couple of feet away, Vera standing in the distance with a smug smile as she got Holden to defend her honor with lies. My hatred for her began to boil and I couldn't let her get away with this. "Holden", I said to him and he turned to my direction, "You may be a nice guy to her, but she doesn't deserve you." He was confused when I said that, "What?"

I turned to glance at Remington as he was hurting from getting beat by Holden, and my heart ached as I proceeded to expose Vera for her infidelity, "I'm sure at the beginning, she liked you and you thought she was perfect. But I've seen her try to flirt with Remington and attempt to seduce him even when he's rejected her countless times not only to stay loyal to me, but to stay on your good side." Holden's expression was still confused, but his body had softened a bit from being so tense and stiff. I continued, "Remington has told me he looks up to you and you actually believed in him. Do you think after you treated him like an equal and took him under your wing, he'd go behind your back like that? He's not like that, Holden, not even with people he hates." Holden began to look guilty as he turned to Remington again, but this time to say, "I should have known you were better than that. I'm sorry. If what you're saying about Vera is true, how long has she been doing this?" Remington shook his head shamefully and answered, "Since I met you and her that first day."

Holden began to look devastated as he turned back to Vera who didn't want to accept the fact that she was caught in her lies. She tried to make us the liars, "Aha, Holden, darling. Are you really gonna believe some pathetic, rock n' roll wannabe and his worthless girlfriend? Why does she even care? For all we know, she probably wants him to stay with her so she can join in on his success if he ever gets any." "SHUT UP!", we heard a girl's voice speak out to Vera and it turned out to be Sadie who looked done with Vera's bullshit. She exclaimed angrily, "You wouldn't know what a faithful and selfless girlfriend is because all you do is sleep with frontmen even when they had someone. You have NO respect for anyone and you especially don't care if anyone gets hurt! Don't you dare try to make Carina seem like a villain for defending the boy she loves from your ugly lies!" Everyone was looking down on Vera now and she did not like it, especially when Holden walked up to her and took her wrist forcefully.

Part of me was worried he might hurt Vera, but he actually snatched off a precious bracelet he must have given to her to show how much he loved and trusted her. He let her wrist go and stated, "I did my best to be good for you, but they're right. You don't care, and now everyone will know about you and you will end up alone for your lack of compassion and love. Do me and the rest of us a favor and leave, Vera. You're no longer welcome here and I'll make sure of it." With that, Holden turned away from his ex-girlfriend and walked toward Remington as he helped him stand up and place his hand on his shoulder, "I'm very sorry, Remington. I didn't mean to hurt you, and I should have know you'd never try to hurt me." Rem was still in a bit of pain, but he nodded as he replied with, "It's okay, Holden. We're all a bunch of screw-ups and you made a mistake. Now I just know never to mess with you."

They both laughed as Holden commented, "You know, you've got a very loyal girlfriend here who really went great lengths to defend you and prove you weren't the bad guy." I blushed and smiled as I told him, "I just couldn't let Vera get away with lying and fooling you. I knew Remington would never hurt you and I just needed you to remember that." Holden walked up to me and sweetly patted my head to show he had respect for me as he declared, "You're a rare one, that's for sure. You come to me if you ever need anything, you or Remington or any of your friends. You hear me?" I nodded and smiled in appreciation as he winked at me and went off in another direction. When he was gone, I stepped closer to Remington as I gently hugged him close to me and he kissed the top of my head before saying, "Now I REALLY owe you my life, ma chérie. You're just so perfect, I love you so much." I replied with, "I love you more." Our friends joined us for the rest of the event to raise our glasses for Palaye and our special little family.