Chapter 56

Remington's POV

After talking that night and recovering from the tragic Valentine's Day mishap, I dedicated myself to making it up to Carina for leaving her all by herself on what was supposed to be the most special night for both of us. She embarrassingly confessed to me that she had planned for us to make love for the first time that night, making me smile knowing she was bold in trying to do so. Unfortunately, she lost her confidence that we may never have that intimate moment to ourselves now and I reminded her as much as I'd love to take that step with her, I loved more how much she loves me and spends time with me anyway. I reassured her the moment will come when it comes, and it will be perfect for just the both of us. She blushed so adorably and commented, "I'll certainly be looking forward to it, especially with you." That made me yearn for her so strongly, but I had to remind myself to wait until the moment was right.

One morning in our apartment together, I woke up and searched with my arm for Carina. But she wasn't there and I got up realizing she must have woken up early. Then I heard something faint from outside the bedroom. Like a voice singing. I got out of bed and dressed myself with jeans and a ripped T-shirt before walking to the living room. I walked through the hallway and caught a rare sight that made me hide behind the wall of the hallway and peek as I stared at my lovely angel singing along to the radio while cooking breakfast in the kitchen.

Is this a lasting treasure
Or just a moment's pleasure
Can I believe the magic in your sighs
Will you still love me tomorrow

If it weren't enough she looked so cute singing so happily to her favorite tune, I was honestly blown away by how pretty her voice sounded as she sang along to the lyrics. It wasn't as powerful like her friend, Delilah, but it was so soft and gentle, like a bird's song you hear in the morning. Something that make you smile and be happy that you get to see another day in your life. I kept watching in secret as she flipped some pancakes on the stove and then she turned to reach for something in the cupboard. As she did, she swung her body to the beat of the song, the action making me grin widely, and I had to try my best to hold back laughter.

Tonight with words unspoken
You say that I'm the only one
But will my heart be broken
When the night meets the morning sun

As she was at the bridge of the song, she was facing away toward the sink and still slightly dancing when I decided to walk over to her and imitate her style of dancing and creep onto her. I waited until she finished the next verse before she spun around in glee and I caught her in my arms.

I'd like to know that your love
Is a love I can be sure of
So tell me now and I won't ask again
Will you still love me tomorrow

She gasped as I held her close with a wide smirk on my face and she blushed madly while falling silent. I laughed a little to myself and then took one of her hands as I started dancing with her and lead her to the beat of the song. She was still embarrassed, but she smiled as she allowed me to spin her around and hug her close to my chest. "Don't stop singing, ma chérie", I told her, she shook her head and looked down. I lifted her head up gently and whispered to her, "You have the most beautiful voice I've ever heard in my life. Please, fill my ears with your sweet, soft voice singing to me." Her blush reddened deeper, and she smiled as she finished out the song while still dancing with me.

So tell me now and I won't ask again
Will you still love me tomorrow

When the song ended, I turned off the radio and just looked at my beautiful angel. God, she was just so perfect, what did I ever do to deserve her? She tucked some hair behind her ear as she looked up at me with a small hint of pink in her cheeks and ask, "How long had you been watching me here?" I chuckled and whispered before leaning slowly into her lips, "Long enough." I kissed her sweetly to start off with, then it turned slightly more passionate as I picked her up and sat her on the counter before pulling her closer and she let her hands get lost in my hair. We pulled away after almost a minute and we were both breathless as she breathed, "You hungry?" I smiled at her and kissed her one last time before answering her question, "Starving."

After breakfast, we cuddled onto the couch with the TV turned on as we watched some cartoons. Her head was resting on my chest as she began to ask me, "Remington...would you hate me if I left you for someone else?" That question made me sit up and ask in concern, "Why would you ask that, Carina? Is something wrong?" She looked up at me and shook her head as she placed a gentle hand on my cheek and explained, "I have no intention of leaving you anytime soon, Rem, I love you too much to do that. I'm just asking if I decided I wanted to be with someone else, would you stop caring about me?" Her words were true, but what could have happened to make her ask such a thing? I told her with honesty, "I could never hate you, ma chérie, no matter what. As someone who loves you entirely, all I care about in the end is that you're happy, whether it's with me or with someone who makes you happy." That managed to make her smile again and extinguish any worry she might've had. I smiled back before kissing her lips so sweetly and reminding her, "I consider myself blessed to be loved by you. Any man should."