Chapter 54

Valentine's Day was approaching soon, and Remington told me he had something special planned for both of us. I was so excited to see what he had in store for him and I, it didn't help that I also had a surprise for him as well. Since he was away for so long, I would look at my promise ring many times to remind myself how much Rem loves me to promise something so special to me when it had only been a few months since we met. He's told me how much he loves the locket I gave him with my picture in it and how it got him through even the hardest days in Los Angeles. That brought so much happiness to my heart to know he never stops thinking about me. It was because of how dedicated he was to me that I decided something. To be precise, I had two gifts planned for Valentine's Day: one was a ruby ring I had ordered with the day we fell in love engraved inside of it, the other gift was...me buying a lingerie set. I felt Valentine's Day would be the perfect day to take that step in our relationship and I wanted to look perfect for him at the same time. I was a little nervous, but somewhat a little more excited for when he would see me in the lingerie set.

I had the ring kept safely in a small box tied with a cute ribbon for when I was ready to give it to him. I couldn't wait for his reaction to seeing the ring and the engraving on it. I just wanted him to know that he was just as special to me as I was to him, he deserved to know that and I hoped he'd never doubt how much I love him. I made sure to hide the lingerie set I bought somewhere he couldn't find it so he wouldn't ask me about it. Even though I'm not someone who usually takes initiative, I wanted to catch him off-guard when I wear it in front of him and let him know that as someone who's never been touched in that way, I wanted him to be the first for me. I asked Del for advice on my first time and if I should act a certain way. Her advice was surprising to me, "Carina, my first time wasn't even planned, it just happened. But it didn't change how special and incredible it was, especially when it was with the man I loved more than anything in this world. You don't have to act a certain way to seem more sexy or anything. Just let Remington know that as your boyfriend, he's the only one special enough to share something so special and beautiful. All these old people will try to shame us for it, but they don't understand it's not just a ritual, it's an act of love. You have nothing to be worried about and I couldn't be happier for you and Remington being so strong in how much you love each other."

Remington's POV

Today was finally Valentine's Day and I couldn't wait to treat Carina on a special day. I made special plans to take her to L.A. with me and take her to a real fancy restaurant where she'd get the best treatment ever and have whatever she wanted. And after that, I'd take her to a luxurious hotel suite where we can both relax and enjoy the rest of the evening together. This day would be dedicated to treating my beautiful angel like royalty and give her only the best. When I revealed the surprise to her that monring as I asked her to bring her fanciest dress, she was over the moon as she hugged me tightly as screamed excitedly. I laughed at the cute display as I kissed her so sweetly and it brought a beautiful smile to her face. We boarded the earliest flight and arrived just in time to get settled into our hotel suite by the afternoon. Our dinner reservation was for 8:00, so we had some time to relax before getting ready for tonight. We raided the snacks and snuggled in bed as I stole a few kisses from ma chérie and I made her giggle which made my heart soar.

Our moment was interrupted when the phone rang and I decided to answer it. I stole one last kiss from Carina which made her smile before I went over to pick up the phone and answer, "Hello?" "Remington, what are you doing right now?", it turned out to be Sebastian who sounded like something came up. "I'm with Carina right now, we've got dinner reservations later. What are you calling for?" He sighed before answering my question, "Our manager just called. He may have gotten us to do a special interview with Rolling Stone magazine tonight." My eyes widened in shock to think such a popular magazine wants to cover our band for their use, "Are you serious? When can they do it?" Sebastian hesitated for a second before telling me, "That's the hard part, it has to be tonight or they won't find any more time to do it at all." My smile went away as I realized how difficult this was going to be. Seb consoled with me, "I'm sorry, Rem. I know tonight is special for you and Carina, but our manager says it's the best he could do to get our name out there before the record releases in a few months."

I asked Sebastian to give me ten minutes before I call him back to which he was okay with before I hung up. Dammit, I had this perfect night set up for me and Carina, but just before we can enjoy it, our band gets the opportunity to get interviewed by the biggest music magazine out there. I stood where I was for a while figuring out what I should do when I felt Carina lay her hands on my shoulders which were tense, "Remington, what's wrong? Did something bad happen?" I turned to face her and just seeing her concerned and caring made me feel worse. "No, my love", I explained to her as I took her hands in mine, "In fact, Palaye just earned the great opportunity to be interviewed by Rolling Stone." She looked so happy for me, I knew this next part would be hard, "That's so great, Remington! When are you gonna do it?" Just the look in my eyes told her the answer as I said, "Tonight. They won't reschedule." Her face looked so heartbreaking, I tried so hard not to break down as I lifted her head up and explained to her, "Ma chérie, look at me. I want nothing more than to give you the world tonight because you deserve it. But I don't know if I'll ever get this opportunity again. I hope you understand I don't want to hurt your feelings for doing this."

Her face was hard to read at first as she just stared into my eyes without saying anything. Then, after a while, she inhaled and exhaled before putting on a smile and saying to me, "It's okay, Remington. I understand this is very important to you. You go do this to help your band get recognized more. We can always do this some other time." I knew her smile was just to make me feel better, but the disappointment in her tone was breaking my heart. I held her face gently in my hands as I pressed my lips onto her forehead and lingered for a moment before I looked into her eyes once more, "I promise to make up for this, my angel. If I finish early, I'll call you and we can meet at the restaurant. Okay?" She nodded and pulled me close to place a small yet brief kiss on my lips before she told me, "I'll always support you in doing what makes you happy. Just remember that I need support, too, sometimes." I nodded and hugged her tightly as I told her, "Of course, my sweetness. Always." She then pulled away and lied on the bed while I went to the bathroom to prepare to go to the studio to meet up with my brothers for the interview. I know Carina knows I never mean to hurt her, but this might be a time she won't forgive me easily.