Everything is possible

Chapter 60: Everything is possible

September 13, 2014

Hanna's Point Of View.

It's only been an hour sine he left me crying and thinking everything through.

Maybe this was a sign on that we've tried so many times making this work, but it just won't. From the looks of it we fight way too much. I'm not saying I'm gonna break up with him, but maybe a small break will do the both of us more good than bad. Hopefully.

I pick up my phone and dial Justin's number quickly before putting the phone to my ear. A melody from the hallway has me stand up with furrowed eyebrows.

In the hallway, outside my bedroom, is Justin holding his lighted up phone up with a sad expression on his face. I end the call and get all tingly inside. He's standing there looking like some goddist, except he's been crying I can tell. Quickly, I sprint up to him, my arms being thrown around him like there's no tomorrow.

Forget what I said about taking a break, I don't ever wanna loose this man. I'm honestly blessed to have him.

But when Justin doesn't hug me back, I notice something is off so I slightly pull away from the awkward embrace and gulp as he speaks,

"I think we need a break."

September 26, 2014

Two weeks have gone by pretty slow and I haven't talked to nor seen Justin in the time. He has called like every five minute for like an hour straight and he's sent me multiple texts, but being as upset as I am about the whole situation, I've chosen to ignore him.

That is until this exact minute. I breath out an huge amount of air and press the phone to my ear, "Hello?"

"Hanna?" Justin asks from the other line.

"It's me." I try to stay calm.

"I'm so glad you finally picked up. Haven't talked to you for two weeks."

"Wonder why." I sarcastically answer and pick on my nails.

"I'm sorry okay? I needed-"

"Blah blah blah, what do you even want Justin? You can't fucking tell me you want some time apart but still keep calling me and texting me! It's just not how it works."

"If you just please let me explain."

I think about it for a while, "There's nothing to explain. I'm so tired of being treated like this. You've cheated, slept around while we've been apart and now this."

"I though we were past all that."

"I guess we're not. It's always gonna be there. I might say I love you and mean it by the bottom of my heart, but that just ain't enough." I start sobbing.

"So what are you saying?" Justin's crying voice rings through the speakers and I take a long moment before I repeat the words I never thought I'd say again.

"I'm breaking up with you. We're done. And for good this time. I'm sorry."

*

Half a year ago you would think I knew what I wanted to do with my life. You would think I had everything sorted out both professionally and personally.

But I didn't.

Five months ago to be exact, I broke up with my best friend, Justin. He was and still is the only person on my mind twenty four seven. Ending things between us was the hardest decision I've ever had to make and today I realize it's the worst decision I've ever made. The first few weeks after the breakup, I regretted nothing but now that's changed.