Forgive or not to forgive

Chapter 24: Forgive or not to forgive

August 16, 2013

Hanna's Point Of View.

I grab the toothpaste and put some of it on my toothbrush. While brushing my teeth, my phone starts vibrating on the bed.

I walk in to the bedroom with my toothbrush still in my mouth. My eyebrows furrow in confusion while I open up a notification from twitter.

@michelle90268: "I heard what Justin did, I'm sorry, hope you forgive him." I read the tweet out loud.

My phone has been off ever since Scooter called yesterday, only this morning I turned it back on so I haven't been on it ever since.

I go through my twitter, seeing many tweets being about, and I quote, what Justin did.

What did he do? I question myself, my brain on the edge of exploding because of different thoughts on what he can have done. Did he rub a bank? Steal a car? Is he in jail? What the fuck is going on?

When I hear a car parking outside, I quickly put my phone away, run in to the bathroom, spit the toothpaste out and sprint down the stairs and in to the living room. The front door opens and reveals Brianna.

"Where have you been?" I immediately ask her and my action must've startled her because she jumps at my voice, a small, oh lord escaping her lips.

"Gosh you scared me, I told you I had a few errands to take care of." Brianna explains.

Sounds suspicious if you ask me.

"What kind of errands? I've been trying to call you, but you didn't answer your phone. I was gonna ask if you could buy some bags with Sour Patched kids with you home.." I lie, but she can't know that.

I have to tell her about Justin.

"Babe I'm sorry, my phone is dead, but we can go and get them right now if you'd like?" Brianna apologizes, putting the car keys away and taking her shoes off.

"I don't know.." I respond. I know Brianna thinks I'm not doing okay, but besides breaking up with Justin, I couldn't be happier.

When I woke up this morning, I remembered everything. I don't know what caused it, but I know that I need to tell Brianna.

"Well okay then, we can go later." Brianna lightly smiles and strokes my arm, "C'mon, let's talk." She grabs my left hand and pulls me over to the sofa.

"About what?" I mumble knowing where she's going with this.

She sighs, "Hanna," and puts a hand on her forehead, "You're eventually gonna have to talk about this."

I stay silent, not wanting to talk about it. Brianna tries searching for an answer and when I don't give it to her, she prepares herself to stand up.

"I remember." I blurt having her sit down again. She stares at me confused for a small minute, before her eyes widen, realization hitting her.

"You remember?" She asks me but it comes out more like a statement to herself.

I nod, not even a small mhm leaving my lips. I'm happy but I still feel awful now for breaking up with Justin.

"What exactly do you remember?" Bri asks lowly, almost like a whisper.

"Him and I, everything. From our first kiss to our last kiss." I gulp, my voice shaky and small.

I was so happy this morning when I woke up and remembered everything, but I didn't want Brianna to know so I kept a poker face and kept my mouth shut.