Doctor say what?

Chapter 20: Doctor say what?

August 13-14, 2013

Hanna's Point Of View.

I stare at the doctor impatiently waiting for him to continue and I see Justin is getting impatient too because the doctor has to find one specific paper..

"Do you want this to be in English?"

"Yes please." Dad answers the doctor.

"Alright. Bad or good news first?" He asks.

"Good." I choke out, Justin running his thumb soothingly around the palm of my hand. This is all so surreal.

"Good news is that you can leave in the morning. We're sorry we don't have any better news.." As soon as the words leave the doctors mouth, a lump forms in my throat. That was the good news? Oh no. That an only means the bad news will be really bad.

"Now the bad news.." The doctor puts his glasses on. "We don't know if the memory loss you got is temporarily or if it's permanent. We're gonna do our best to find out, but you can still go back home in the morning if you're 100 percent."

My eyes fill up with tears and I feel the warmth of Justin's hand leaving mine. I look over at Justin, only to see him leaving the room. Quiet cries are heard from my mom.

"Does he hate me? Do you hate me?" I ask tears rushing down my face.

"No honey, no, I could never hate you and neither could your dad. Nor Justin. I've seen by the time he's been here how much that boy loves you, he just needs some time." I slowly nod my head, sniffling a few times.

The next thing I know, I'm asleep in the arms of the woman who carried me in her stomach for 9 months.

*

"Mom, have you seen my white tank top?" I shout after my mom from the laundry room.

"It's in here."

I drop what I'm doing and join mom in her bedroom, where she's folding clothes.

"Ahh there it is. Thank you." I lightly smile once I spot my top.

"So are you finished packed and ready to leave?" Mom asks, handing me my top.

"Yes, I just have to figure out what to wear." I reply smartly.

I got home from the hospital this afternoon after getting green light from the Doctors. The jet is supposed to take off to California in an hour but since I stayed longer than planned on the hospital, Justin rescheduled the flight for 4 hours.

Justin's still not fully talking to me. I don't know what I did to make him angry or upset with me. I know that my memory loss is hard on him too, but it's not my fault, so why is he punishing me?

"I'm sure you'll find something to wear. You always do." Mom smiles. "Justin is a lucky guy."

"I don't know, he won't talk to me."

Two hours later.

"Honey, we'll see you soon." Mom hugs me.

"Be safe." Dad says.

"Always." I smile and pull away. I look behind me, seeing Justin seated in the car already.

Why is he being like this? Did he even say goodbye to my family?

"Did he-?"

"Don't worry, we've said our goodbyes, now go." Mom rushes.

"Bye." I wave and seat myself on a window seat, leaving one seat empty between us. None of us say a word the entire long ride to the airport.