Flashbacks

Chapter 38: Flashbacks

January 1, 2014

Hanna's Point Of View.

I won't exactly say the car ride to the ice cream shop was fun because it sure the hell was awkward. Pattie finding out about us having sex was one thing but Jeremy finding out was awkward as hell. It's his father for crying out loud.

The only two talking on the car ride are the little ones. Their talking keeps the awkwardness from exploding and being printed in the History book. I'm not sure exactly what they're talking about when all I can hear is fuzz and noises. You know, children talk a lot, but even they don't always know what they're saying.

As someone clears their throat, I look up from my phone to see Justin staring directly at me with that cute little smile on his face which I just love so much. And though he's sitting right next to me, I feel like he's too far away so I intertwine our fingers and rest my head on his shoulder for the rest of the ride.

When the limo parks the car and we're outside, we let the little ones decide first on which flavors of Ice Cream to get. Jazzy almost immediately makes her choice, while Jaxon takes his time and when he's finally decided on a flavor, he changes his mind.

"Dad, do they have Oreo ice cream?" He asks softly.

"You don't happen to have Oreo do you?" Jeremy looks at the worker behind the disk that as an answer shakes his head.

"Sorry no."

"But dad, what should I get then?"

"I'm gonna get vanilla-strawberry, do you want to try that?" Justin picks Jaxon up in his arms who just nods his head while sucking on his thumb. I heard from Justin that sucking on his thumb is a bad habit of his. Poor little man.

"Babe, what'd you want?"

"I'll have chocolate chip thanks." I answer Justin. Jeremy tells the man all the orders one by one and once we've all gotten our Ice Cream in beakers, Jaxon sees a table he insist we're going to sit by.

"Did you like it?" I ask a cute little Jaxon that has ice cream on the tip of his nose. So he likes the ice cream. And as I figured, Jaxon doesn't give me an answer, not even as much as a nod which can only mean he loves it.

Jeremy shakes his head at his youngest boy and looks at Justin. "Look, I'm sorry if I ruined things earlier, I just don't want to watch you make the same mistake Pattie and I did years back."

Understandable, Justin gets upset by his words and I don't think Jeremy notices that. I think I'm the only person who knows his ways of hiding his emotions and as of now, he's not doing a good job at it which is okay, I mean, why should he always hide how he feels?

Jeremy is basically saying that Justin is a mistake. Yeah everyone know - including the haters - that Pattie known as Justins mother and Jeremy, didn't plan on being pregnant by the age of 17, my current age.

But I remember clearly Patties' words from a night back in the middle of December right before we left to visit my family when we were watching the romantic drama The Fault In Our Stars together in my living room. It was that week when I was suspicious of being pregnant but didn't want to believe it.

"I always cry over movies and clearly you do too." Pattie laughs when she sees all the tears running down my face and the amount of used tissues spread on my lap.

"Okay okay." I wave my hands at her and laugh. My laughter and Patties only grows once we realize I just quoted Hazel Grace and August, the main characters in the movie.